Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Let's speak English!

Автор iopq, апреля 19, 2007, 07:12

Karakurt

Well, the first verse is funny, but second one? Is it complete nonsense?

autolyk

Цитата: Karakurt от августа 26, 2010, 15:05
Well, the first verse is funny, but second one?
Well, let's suppose I gave an improper example of the British humour.
Атэц Әүүәл not welcome in this topic

Aleksey

Цитата: huaxia от августа 26, 2010, 14:53
Poor English...
Personification of English? Rather weird...Though, admittedly, the newspeak or Runglish, as it may be called, is becoming more noticeable than it was, let's say, two years ago.

LOSTaz

I've noticed that since the overlapping topics dedicated to either prosaic or poetic English have been created this one was forgot.
So, I'd love to revive it as the lack of interesting English-language forums or English-speaking people you would be keen on conversing with is a common problem of the vast majority of English learners. No doubt, it depends on the place, where this learner lives, but actually here the Russian ones were implied.

P.S. all the corrections are highly appreciated

Awwal12

Цитата: LOSTaz от июня 16, 2011, 19:54
You could fix the syntax a bit in the first place, I believe. I mean, such a composition of the sentences makes them somehow difficult to comprehend.
Фашиствующий имперец, асексуал и многожёнец, татарофоб, заслуженный функционер РПЦ. Слушает радио "Радонеж" и терпеть не может счастливых людей.

"Да здравствуют ДОЯРКИ!! Потому что доярки - это раса сверхчеловеков. За ними будущее планеты. Они переживут даже атомную войну, потому что доярки вечны, ибо хтоничны. И дадут потомство, которое тоже будет доярами и доярками. Ура, товарищи!.." (c) Awwal12

LOSTaz

Цитата: Awwal12 от июня 16, 2011, 20:27
You could fix the syntax a bit in the first place, I believe. I mean, such a composition of the sentences makes them somehow difficult to comprehend.
Yep, I took notice of its complexity as soon as I wrote that sentence but I didn't know how to rewrite it. That's why I decided to leave the things as they were.

Awwal12

Цитата: LOSTaz от июня 16, 2011, 20:39
Yep, I took notice of its complexity as soon as I wrote that sentence but I didn't know how to rewrite it. That's why I decided to leave the things as they were.
A predicate shouldn't be in the very end of a long sentence, for instance. Well, at least if you don't want it to be a mind-exploding weapon.  :green:
ЦитироватьI've noticed that since the overlapping topics dedicated to either prosaic or poetic English have been created this one was forgot.
My variant (maybe not the best one, but still):
"As I noticed, this topic was forgotten since lots of overlapping topics were created here that were dedicated to either prosaic or poetic English."
(P.S.: fixd. Damned copypaste)
Фашиствующий имперец, асексуал и многожёнец, татарофоб, заслуженный функционер РПЦ. Слушает радио "Радонеж" и терпеть не может счастливых людей.

"Да здравствуют ДОЯРКИ!! Потому что доярки - это раса сверхчеловеков. За ними будущее планеты. Они переживут даже атомную войну, потому что доярки вечны, ибо хтоничны. И дадут потомство, которое тоже будет доярами и доярками. Ура, товарищи!.." (c) Awwal12

iopq

I've noticed that since the overlapping topics dedicated to either prosaic or poetic English have been created, this one was forgotten.
Poirot: Я, кстати, тоже не любитель выпить, хоть и русский.
jvarg: Профессионал? ;)

Awwal12

Offtop
P.S.: Necessary corrections of my texts are also welcome, of course.

Квас

What do you think of hiding corrections in spoilers? Errors are all right if we have nothing else to discuss, but if another topic ever arises it may die under tons of grammar. :)

No need to say any corrections are welcome and appreciated. ;)
Пишите письма! :)

Awwal12

Цитата: Квас от июня 16, 2011, 21:18
What do you think of hiding corrections in spoilers? Errors are all right if we have nothing else to discuss, but if another topic ever arises it may die under tons of grammar. :)
Agreed.

LOSTaz

Цитата: Awwal12 от июня 16, 2011, 20:59
you don't want it to be a mind-exploding weapon.  :green:
Like all Turks I am :)

Искандер

"Niech żyją POLACY!! Ponieważ polacy są rasej nadczłowieków. Od nich jest przyszłość planety. Oni przeżyją nawet wojną atomowę, dlatego, że polacy są wieczni, bo chtoniczni. I dadzą potomstwo, które też będzie polakami i polkami. Niech żyjemy, hura!.." (c) Awwal12

Awwal12

LOSTaz

Цитата: Искандер от июня 16, 2011, 21:26
Цитата: LOSTaz от июня 16, 2011, 20:39
but I didn't know how
had been not knowing ?

Although discussing one's mistakes and grammar is useful, it's not such an exciting topic to talk about.
So, just to relax somehow, have you already decided what you are going to do in the summer.
I mean if you have made up your mind to go somewhere you have been dreamt about or such sort of things. Or you would probably stay at home and deal with everyday activities.

Awwal12

Цитата: LOSTaz от июня 16, 2011, 21:39
it's nit such an exciting topic to talk about.
It depends.  ;D And, well, it's always useful anyway.
have you already decided what you are going to do in the summer.
Work. :)

Квас

have you already decided what you are going to do in the summer.

I'm likely to work all summer long. Before the middle of July my boss and I have to prepare a book for publication, and then I'll write my belated thesis. :( I hope I'll be able to spend a while in the summer resort.

Искандер

relax somehow, have you already decided what you are going to do in the summer.
ThYs question do not consent me to relax.

They have decided already I to work at factory without remuneration and to drink a lot of vodka.
& you?
"Niech żyją POLACY!! Ponieważ polacy są rasej nadczłowieków. Od nich jest przyszłość planety. Oni przeżyją nawet wojną atomowę, dlatego, że polacy są wieczni, bo chtoniczni. I dadzą potomstwo, które też będzie polakami i polkami. Niech żyjemy, hura!.." (c) Awwal12

Искандер

Квас

Цитата: Искандер от июня 16, 2011, 22:41
everybody slaves I see.

In fact I manage to flood on LF even thought I'm facing the deadline with my book in just a month. So mine is at any rate an endurable kind of slavery. :)

Искандер

Awwal12

Цитата: Квас от июня 16, 2011, 22:50
Цитата: Искандер от июня 16, 2011, 22:41
everybody slaves I see.

In fact I manage to flood on LF even thought I'm facing the deadline with my book in just a month. So mine is at any rate an endurable kind of slavery. :)
Sometimes I wish we were Japanese...

Квас

Цитата: Awwal12 от июня 16, 2011, 22:55
Sometimes I wish we were Japanese...

I never do. They seem nearly space aliens to me. :) But why do you wish it?

Awwal12

Цитата: Квас от июня 16, 2011, 22:57
I never do. They seem nearly space aliens to me. :) But why do you wish it?
Because I personally feel a lack of self-discipline.

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр