Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

English :)

Автор Леонид, апреля 20, 2004, 22:31

Vertaler

Цитата: iskenderIMHO those of yours are quite what Xsevin has told us about. As distinct from my examples.
IMHO it's not. I mean it's pronounced properly — just «нра».
Стрч прст в крк и вынь сухим.

iskender

Цитата: Vertaler van TekstenIMHO it's not. I mean it's pronounced properly — just «нра».
No-no, I've ment your Romanian and Italian examples.
Цитата: Vertaler van Teksten«Мне он не нра»...
It reminded me of Yevgeniy Shvarts' (or may be Schwarz :_1_17) tale "The Shadow" ("Тень").
Мы его ку... или у... ?

Vertaler

Цитата: iskenderNo-no, I've ment your Romanian and Italian examples.
Oh yeah. :yes:
Цитата: iskenderМы его ку... или у... ?
And it reminded me this: «Ĉu vi vo... ma...» in an esperantists' comgress. «Context language».
Стрч прст в крк и вынь сухим.

Rezia

IITYWISWYBMAD

If I tell you what it says, will you buy me a drink?

:)
"Сон налягає. Кладе м'якеньку лапу на очі і на лице і шепче до вуха: спи..." (Коцюбинський)
"Ахаль çеç-им шурă юрĕ çав каç ÿкрĕ çĕр çине?" (чăваш юрри)
"Гэта не без гэтага" (з аднаго беларускага рамана)
"ნახევარი პური, ნახევარი ხარჩო"
"If you want to win the fight, say "I believe!" " (Eric)

Hamsta

Rezia

"Сон налягає. Кладе м'якеньку лапу на очі і на лице і шепче до вуха: спи..." (Коцюбинський)

Sonia

OK, let's start..
I've been learning English for more then 15 years. So nowadays I catch myself in thinking English :dunno: well.. I guess it's a point.
but I still have a problem with my writing'(I'm working as interpreter... so... I'm not often contacting' with wrightin' one)...
What else?....hm.. let's think... ohh.. American, Australian & so on Englishes...That is real horror... oh me God... I really Do hate 'em(rather strange to hear that in fact of me being wrighting in Am.Sp.English:oops:)....Why? I've been taught to speak in Royal English... with those magnificent pronunciation... with its unbelievable idioms such as "Smells funny"... and those disgusting that calls English too.. be Gee&jay....
Also I have really-really stupid teacher in uni....
Yapp... that is our cruel life
(sorry for mistakes i've done:oops::oops::oops:)
Ja kelpo sivallus tai kaks
Koht' opin näyttää oikeaks.

paul_kiss

Sonia,
hey there in Kyiv. I live there too. ;)
You aint like Am.En? Why? It's so easy to pronounce and understand, aint it. But as for the language of the Island, I wouldnt call smth that sounds like an untuned piano "royal".

Sonia

paul_kiss, hey u too. How are u doing?
well, it's easier to speak & write it... but for me, who's been taught in Br.Eng & Royal English, it sounds like "Bar-bar" for ancient Romans, you know....
There is a huge difference between  'em...I've neglected my Eng in last 2 years in the meter of teaching in my uni those s**k that someway calls English too...

paul_kiss

Sonia,
I'm doing fine thks. I know what you mean about "bar bar". But time changes, and what was Royal long ago, now it's not number 1 anymore I think.
Another aspect -- for Slavic ears British twang is (imho, of course) very hard to perceive. Aint it?

Rezia

Цитата: paul_kiss
But time changes,
Sure. There's a full version of this proverb:
Time changes and we with time. :)
There's also a variant :
Time works great changes.

By the way, I've never seen such an abbreviation - Br.Eng.
It's usually BrE , in the dictionaries at least.

Sonia

Цитата: reziaBy the way, I've never seen such an abbreviation - Br.Eng.
yapp.. that is my abbrevitation. That's becuase I haven't hold the dictionare in my hands for more then 7 years... That is me problame too... and for many interpreters as well:oops::dunno::oops:

Rezia

Never mind, happens. Though it's rather hard for me to believe that an interpreter can write "then" meaning "than" ;--).

Sonia

rezia,
why not? I have few really problematic words....Also I'm not translator... and with primary text i never work...You may ask how I pronounce it in right way? I've communicated with native speakers... so to say - there's everything Ok... but write... but let it be...
Other funny point: when i do write i do a lot of grammar mistakes too... I guess it's because of this moment: when I'm speaking i shouldn't think how to write it... but when I write I must think not only bout grammar but spelling as well...
Well.. I have a think which i should work on:oops:

Добавлено спустя 15 минут 22 секунды:

Цитата: SoniaI have a think which i should work on
sorry for misprint- it must be in this way "I have things which i should work on"

paul_kiss

rezia
ЦитироватьBy the way, I've never seen such an abbreviation - Br.Eng.
Actually, it can be just BE. Let it be BE.
Bee-bee. ;) Kind of like "Two tea to two-two-two" -- or smth like that.

Sonia

My curiosity assosiated me to take in my hands dictionaries. Well.... It was real surprise for me to see abr. Br.Eng... i piously bealived that it was creted by me.. hm... :o:dunno:
Ok... i have an ask for people who often post here: won't be so kind to point at my mistakes??? i'm going to take in hand my spelling.... so i need more hands:roll::roll::roll:

paul_kiss

Цитата: SoniaIt was real surprise for me
I think it should be "it was a real surprice"...

Добавлено спустя 13 минут 41 секунду:

Цитироватьi have an ask for people
"I have a request for ..."

Добавлено спустя 4 минуты 5 секунд:

ЦитироватьMy curiosity assosiated me to take in my hands dictionaries.
I would say this phrase this way: "My curiosity made me take dictionaries to my hands"...

Sonia

Somebody, teach me to think when I'm writing] (*,).... Shame on me...
Why? It's rather horrible- be able to speak perfectly but at the same time make mistakes when you are writing :dunno:

I'll never be  a translator:(

but thank you for correcting me ;--)

By the way, other reason why I hate US.E is that they almost don't use articles... it was real boom for me.... I chat with few Americans via ICQ... Oh my God.... they don't use 'em.... my God.... how could it be???... That is awful...no com...  And you know, if they would have been teenagers, it had been one point.... but they are adult... my God...
And one else.... They don't follow the rules of time using ... I've heard such muster peaces as "I was go there yesterday" or this one "I being work at the moment"

Добавлено спустя 17 минут 29 секунд:

Цитата: paul_kissЦитата:
My curiosity associated me to take in my hands dictionaries.
I would say this phrase this way: "My curiosity made me take dictionaries to my hands"...
well.... can't agree with you... that is a note for my curiosity to be my main *associate* in act I've done... about the sentence ending... well... maybe... but inversion made possible such order in case of wish for stress the main word... in this case it is voc-ry...
But in classical English sentence it should be in order you've said;--)

RawonaM

Цитата: Soniame problame
This is not "royal", this seems like cockney... :) (It's not about the wrong spelling of "problem", it's about the pronoun.)

Цитата: paul_kiss
ЦитироватьIt was real surprise for me
I think it should be "it was a real surprice"...
But still "surprise".

Sonia

RawonaM,  Yapp... I used to write only "problem" but after few years or chatting with Americans...  I even have written things like "I was go there" and so on for some time... And I still have su**s like 'em, 'cause and etc

RawonaM

Цитата: SoniaRawonaM, Yapp... I used to write only "problem" but after few years or chatting with Americans...
And what about the pronoun? Americans taught you cockney? I can hardly believe, though I understand it is the current fashion to blame Americans... :D

paul_kiss

Цитироватьinversion made possible such order in case of wish for stress the main word... in this case it is voc-ry...
"voc-" what, excuse me?
Maybe I'm wrong but I think there's the main way of making inversion in English: "it is/was ... that/who ...".

As for articles, I mean not using them in the AE... well, it depends on who is speaking, actually...

Sonia

Цитата: RawonaMI can hardly believe, though I understand it is the current fashion to blame Americans...
No, it's not. It is the fact that they've deteriorated English... well... In my opinion(and not only), that "thing" hardly can be called English...

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр