Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Let's speak English!

Автор iopq, апреля 19, 2007, 07:12

svobodný

Цитата: Ellidi от августа 14, 2011, 23:22
Methinks messages with such disparaging content infuse contention, animosity and vexation into the current conversation.
Sensitive, aren't we?
VIT.A.MORS

Квас

Пишите письма! :)

nivtirB

Цитата: Ellidi от августа 14, 2011, 23:22
Цитата: nivtirB от августа 14, 2011, 23:15
Till now Ellidi barked, now he begins to nipple by the heels.
Methinks messages with such disparaging content infuse contention, animosity and vexation into the current conversation.

Me thinks they infuse some sense into a conversation.
Наносите пользу и причиняйте добро!

Чайник777

Цитата: Ellidi от августа 14, 2011, 22:39
The reason is that most of them are false friends. Thus, shard, hound and the verb own are akin to German Scharte, Hund and gönnen, but their meaning differs significantly from the meaning of their German æquivalents.
gönnen?! You should of said eignen.
DAZU brauchte Hitler 12 Jahre Zeit.

Ellidi

Suum quoque castitas mentis dispendium patitur, quia nonnunquam mens concupiscentiae telo configitur per carnis speciem, quam exterius contemplatur. («A. de C. S.», c. XI)

Искандер

Your conversation is soo fascinating, I've even...  being washed out.

May we to talk about rails, loks and either-direction automatic block systems' advantages in production sequences of different types of necks and leads?
Do we?
"Niech żyją POLACY!! Ponieważ polacy są rasej nadczłowieków. Od nich jest przyszłość planety. Oni przeżyją nawet wojną atomowę, dlatego, że polacy są wieczni, bo chtoniczni. I dadzą potomstwo, które też będzie polakami i polkami. Niech żyjemy, hura!.." (c) Awwal12

Чайник777

Чайник777

Цитата: Искандер от августа 15, 2011, 09:26
Your conversation is soo fascinating, I've even...  being washed out.

May we to talk about rails, loks and either-direction automatic block systems' advantages in production sequences of different types of necks and leads?
Do we?
Nah, forget all that railroad bs, lets talk about something interesting and controversial  :green:

Искандер

Цитата: Чайник777 от августа 15, 2011, 10:36
Nah, forget all that railroad bs, lets talk about something interesting and controversial
What can be more controversial than trafic-control? You can by your own hands direct trains, one by one, one by one, head on head... ups. I've leaked...
"Niech żyją POLACY!! Ponieważ polacy są rasej nadczłowieków. Od nich jest przyszłość planety. Oni przeżyją nawet wojną atomowę, dlatego, że polacy są wieczni, bo chtoniczni. I dadzą potomstwo, które też będzie polakami i polkami. Niech żyjemy, hura!.." (c) Awwal12

Чайник777

Квас

Цитата: Чайник777 от августа 15, 2011, 10:46
Цитата: Квас от августа 14, 2011, 23:29
Цитата: nivtirB от августа 14, 2011, 23:15to nipple
You know, I adore such words, precise and picturesque. ;up: Author, write more. :)
And what does it mean? It's absent from my dictionary  :(

Personally I mixed it up with 'to nibble ~ to bite slightly'. However pretty they may be, such words tend to slip out of my memory.

As for 'to nipple', now I'm at a loss, unless it's a typo.

Квас

What do you think of audio support in teaching dead languages? ali hoseyn came down on me elsewhere insisting that audio in Akkadian was a moronic idea, while I argued that any means are good as far as they lead to reading fluency.

(Corrections of the sequence of tenses needed!  :o)

Чайник777

Цитата: Квас от августа 15, 2011, 11:12
What do you think of audio support in teaching dead languages? ali hoseyn came down on me elsewhere insisting that audio in Akkadian was a moronic idea, while I argued that any means are good as far as they lead to reading fluency.
Well, maybe not completely moronic, but certainly not very useful and popular among the "enlightened".

Искандер

Цитата: Квас от августа 15, 2011, 11:12
What do you think of audio support in teaching dead languages?
Not moronic, but if that's not some like Lazarus' cup — it's just for just. We know something on writing akkadian clearly, but we know something on spoken one only more or less approximately.

Квас

Цитата: Чайник777 от августа 15, 2011, 11:55
Цитата: Квас от августа 15, 2011, 11:12What do you think of audio support in teaching dead languages? ali hoseyn came down on me elsewhere insisting that audio in Akkadian was a moronic idea, while I argued that any means are good as far as they lead to reading fluency.
Well, maybe not completely moronic, but certainly not very useful and popular among the "enlightened".

Why do you call it useless?

Цитата: Искандер от августа 15, 2011, 12:39
Цитата: Квас от августа 15, 2011, 11:12What do you think of audio support in teaching dead languages?
Not moronic, but if that's not some like Lazarus' cup — it's just for just. We know something on writing akkadian clearly, but we know something on spoken one only more or less approximately.

Before I reply anything, could you specify what the Lazarus' cup is?

Искандер

Цитата: Квас от августа 15, 2011, 13:03
what the Lazarus' cup is?
Sumethyng from "Clara Loft". The cup, in which JX's spellings imbeded while He was resurrecting Lazarus.

Квас

Цитата: Искандер от августа 15, 2011, 12:39
Цитата: Квас от августа 15, 2011, 11:12What do you think of audio support in teaching dead languages?

Again I'm not sure about 'just for just', yet I hope now I don't miss your point. :)

As I see it, audio is not a goal in itself, but rather a teaching tool. It does not aim at teaching any 'correct' pronunciation: in fact if, say, Akkadian words are in some manner uttered by professors or students, it would be quite all right to record them. Nor do I argue for compiling dialogues or inventing quasi-spoken language: I have in mind recording original texts. Finally, audio must not be used alone: a student should combine it with other techniques. The more memory types are involved, the better (which is a commonplace in psychology).

In order to achieve reading fluency, a student has to get used to the language. I think listening to the same text over and over again contributes a lot to this task: the student memorises vocabulary and improves his grammar skills, he just absorbs the language. This can be done e. g. when going somewhere or washing the dishes. :)

nivtirB

Цитата: Квас от августа 15, 2011, 10:55
As for 'to nipple', now I'm at a loss, unless it's a typo.

You are right: it was a typo. Sorry. But nice trotzdem. :)
Наносите пользу и причиняйте добро!

Чайник777

Цитата: Квас от августа 15, 2011, 14:10
As I see it, audio is not a goal in itself, but rather a teaching tool. It does not aim at teaching any 'correct' pronunciation: in fact if, say, Akkadian words are in some manner uttered by professors or students, it would be quite all right to record them. Nor do I argue for compiling dialogues or inventing quasi-spoken language: I have in mind recording original texts. Finally, audio must not be used alone: a student should combine it with other techniques. The more memory types are involved, the better (which is a commonplace in psychology).
This is a very brave proposal, in fact I almost agree with what you've said, but I'm afraid the long-established tradition of teaching dead languages will eventually lead us to consider some other options.  :)

Квас

Цитата: Чайник777 от августа 15, 2011, 22:48
Цитата: Квас от августа 15, 2011, 14:10As I see it, audio is not a goal in itself, but rather a teaching tool. It does not aim at teaching any 'correct' pronunciation: in fact if, say, Akkadian words are in some manner uttered by professors or students, it would be quite all right to record them. Nor do I argue for compiling dialogues or inventing quasi-spoken language: I have in mind recording original texts. Finally, audio must not be used alone: a student should combine it with other techniques. The more memory types are involved, the better (which is a commonplace in psychology).
This is a very brave proposal, in fact I almost agree with what you've said, but I'm afraid the long-established tradition of teaching dead languages will eventually lead us to consider some other options.  :)

:up:

I don't care about actual instruction of Assyriologists or whoever. I'm just stating the obvious fact that modern technologies can make teaching and learning more efficient. If they are such elitists that they prefer clay tablets to all other technologies, it's up to them. :)

Искандер

Well, signal towers and so on would be much better theme to discuss. I swear.

Квас

Искандер

Квас

Искандер

I have. That's funny. It becomes possible when station have several backbones those connect two different pairs of sections without intersecting and the trains have the same time throughfeed proceeding.

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр