Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Let's speak English!

Автор iopq, апреля 19, 2007, 07:12

Aleksey

Perhaps you should consider every language by its beauty but not by its necessity. Indeed you have lots of improvements to make in your wrriten English :) (when you introduce a topic or a statement there's a phrase to put in which can be used with partial inversion :P)

Rōmānus

Цитата: Aleksey от декабря 25, 2009, 13:51
Perhaps you should consider every language by its beauty

I do

Цитата: Aleksey от декабря 25, 2009, 13:51
Indeed you have lots of improvements to make in your wrriten English

Keep your personal opinion to yourself. Thank you
Надежда - мать дураков (с) Литовская пословица

Aleksey

Цитата: Roman от декабря 25, 2009, 13:53
Keep your personal opinion to yourself. Thank you
I believe that here our points of view differ: I think that it's better to be corrected by someone than making the same mistake a few times.

Rōmānus

Цитата: Aleksey от декабря 25, 2009, 13:56
I think that it's better to be corrected by someone

I think it is better not to correct anyone if you have not been specifically asked to do so. Anyway, I find it rather peculiar when non-natives fancy themselves being the "style-gurus" in English. Sorry, but I have my doubt about the quality of your advice. I heard the opinions of natives themselves and if there are some problems with my English, you are not qualified enough to find them (not to mention: to correct them)

Aleksey

Цитата: Roman от декабря 25, 2009, 14:02
I find it rather peculiar when non-natives fancy themselves being the "style-gurus" in English.
Presumably you have met those so called 'style-gurus' and you think that I'm one of them, but I'm not. If you were offended by my message then I'm sincerely sorry.
I heard the opinions of natives themselves and if there are some problems with my English, you are not qualified enough to find them
I may say the same: I talk to natives almost everyday using skype/MSN, they correct my flaws and I don't make a fuss out of it.
Sorry, but I have my doubt about the quality of your advice.
Mind me showing where have I imposed my opinion on you?

arseniiv

Цитата: Aleksey от декабря 25, 2009, 13:40
the sky, if you wanted to ask "что же не так с точкой?" then you ought to write "What's with the full stop thing?" (that's a GenAme variant of asking)
Thanks. I'm glad anyway I've right used the article. Because I always fear to use it wrong.

Aleksey

Rōmānus

Цитата: Aleksey от декабря 25, 2009, 14:09
they correct my flaws

If I were you, then I could jump on this glaring example of word misuse here. Those foreigners certainly are not able to correct your flaws (=vices), just the mistakes. But I will not follow your bad example and I will leave your English alone

they correct my flaws and I don't make a fuss out of it.

You don't see logic problem here, do you? You are corrected by native speakers, while you (a non-native) try to correct me, unprompted - and you expect me to react to your pitiful attempts at corrections in the same way as you react to the correction by the natives? Who gave you the damn right to correct me and feel smug about it?

Mind me showing where I have imposed my opinion on you?

oh, shall I feel grateful for it? :o

Aleksey

I see no misuse there because the word flaw can be used to describe imperfections in something untangible.
Цитата: Roman от декабря 25, 2009, 14:19
You are corrected by native speakers, while you (a non-native) try to correct me, unprompted - and you expect me to react to your pitiful attempts at corrections in the same way as you react to the correction by the natives?
First of all watch your language. Yet again you perceive things in a strange way: I had no intentions in seeing the same reaction from you, I am trying to be friendly here while you are using offence for defending yourself (clever tactics they are).
I can, from this point, assume that you have doubts in the educational system of universities in Lithuania because you are constantly repeating that my English is at a low level, thank you.

oh, shall I feel grateful about it? :o
Care to use a translator for once to get a clear picture of WHAT am I trying to tell you?

Who gave you the damn right to correct me and feel smug about it?
Oh yes, of course! I keep having orgasms when I correct others, what a brilliant idea.

Rōmānus

Цитата: Aleksey от декабря 25, 2009, 14:29
I see no misuse there because the word flaw can be used to describe imperfections in something untangible.

Try asking your friends next time, you might be surprised

I am trying to be friendly here

I asked you specifically not to correct me, yet you insist on doing just that. What is so "friendly" about it? :down: I would say it was rather downright hostile

I can, from this point, assume that you have doubts in the educational system of universities in Lithuania because you are constantly repeating that my English is at a low level, thank you.

Switching topic is a favorite tool of a seasoned demagogue. No, sweetheart, I do not "constantly repeat" anything about your English, I couldn't care less. There is a fundamental difference between somebody's ability to use English himself and to be proficient enough to be able to correct the others. Sorry, but you are not quite there, at least not for me. Your English might be ok, but that does not make you qualified to teach me English. Do you see my point?

Care to use a translator for once to get a clear picture of WHAT am I trying to tell you?

Care to read before hitting "reply" button?
ЦитироватьKeep your personal opinion to yourself. Thank you

Aleksey

Цитата: Roman от декабря 25, 2009, 14:40
Try asking your friends next time, you might be surprised
Aha. I know that it's good, others didn't complain so you fail.
I asked you specifically not to correct me, yet you insist on doing just that. What is so "friendly" about it? :down: I would say it was rather downright hostile
From the point you wrote that sentence I did not correct you, or will you say that I did?
witching topic is a favorite tool of a seasoned demagogue. No, sweetheart, I do not "constantly repeat" anything about your English, I couldn't care less. There is a fundamental difference between somebody's ability to use English himself and to be proficient enough to be able to correct the others. Sorry, but you are not quite there, at least not for me. Your English might be ok, but that does not make your qualified to teach me English. Do you see my point?
Amazing, I'm a seasoned demagogue, I'm more than amused.
I don't care how you judge my English, I know that it's above than average, I get normal grades and lecturers are fine with it. I may not be qualified but I can I'm studying English at university and you're not (I can recall that your main was Economics, but not English Philology), that's the differences and that's the point.

Rōmānus

Цитата: Aleksey от декабря 25, 2009, 14:56
I know that it's good, others didn't complain so you fail.

I fail at what?! :o I suggested you ask your friends about the correct usage of word "flaw", nothing else. Shall I subtitle my texts in English for you if google-translate is failing you and you do not comprehend the easiest things?

I don't care how you judge my English, I know that it's above than average

Bla-bla-bla. Next step would be to start measuring penises. Chill out, man. Specially for you a small musical circuit-breaker :green:

I'm studying English at university

Unfortunately it does not save you from embarrassing mistakes:
ЦитироватьI can recall that your main was Economics

It is called major, not "main", sweetheart. Just trying to be "friendly" ;)

Aleksey

Цитата: Roman от декабря 25, 2009, 15:11
I suggested you ask your friends about the correct usage of word "flaw", nothing else. Shall I subtitle my texts in English for you if google-translate is failing you and you do not comprehend the easiest things?
I did ask them, they reply was: yes, it can be used like that in that sentence.

It is called major, not "main", sweetheart. Just trying to be "friendly" ;)
There are no majors in Lithuania, only mains, same applies to Britain. Thanks for sweetheart, it really warms up my heart <3.

Bla-bla-bla. Next step would be to start measuring penises. Chill out, man. Specially for you a small musical circuit-breaker :green:
But I don't want to measure my penis, I'm fine with it. Btw, I love that song.

arseniiv

Offtop
Roman, I see you really do something unpleasant. i℧. I have no words to say it normally (I mean whether you see you're using some off-handed words).

Цитата: Aleksey от декабря 25, 2009, 15:17
I love that song
And I.

Aleksey

Rōmānus

There are no majors in Lithuania, only mains

Just for your information: "mains" are in the socket, not at the university. probably, you are just too smart to know such things

Rōmānus

Цитата: Aleksey от декабря 25, 2009, 15:24
It's his style to troll others!

It is your style to "friendly" correct the people, even if they asked you not to do so. How is it called? Surprise, surprise - it is trolling

Aleksey

Цитата: Roman от декабря 25, 2009, 15:41
There are no majors in Lithuania, only mains

Just for your information: "mains" are in the socket, not at the university. probably, you are just too smart to know such things
:-[ you're right.
Цитата: Roman от декабря 25, 2009, 15:43
Цитата: Aleksey от декабря 25, 2009, 15:24
It's his style to troll others!

It is your style to "friendly" correct the people, even if they asked you not to do so. How is it called? Surprise, surprise - it is trolling
YAY I'M A TROLL, thank you very much.

arseniiv

Let us be still! What is the weather? I see snowing if sun rise now.

Correct me, anybody, please. I feel my past sentences are wry.

Aleksey

arseniiv лучше: Lets calm down! How's the weather? здесть можно по0русски, а то смысла не понял :-[
..., anyone, ... . I think my previous sentence is wrong.

Offtop
И сколько невежества у человека, что всё время использует грубейшие слова. Вроде человек он адекватный, а реакция как у (вырезано). (невольно напрашивается вопрос, как такой неуравновешенный человек мог получить права модератора причём глобального?) Или ментальность у людей настолько разная, что любая попытка сделать что-нить хорошего воспринимаются в штыки, а?

arseniiv

Цитата: arseniiv от декабря 25, 2009, 15:54
I see snowing if sun rise now.
Offtop
Я увижу снегопад, если (каким-то чудом; оно уже село) встанет солнце.

Цитата: Aleksey от декабря 25, 2009, 16:03
How's the weather?
I think different. ;D

Aleksey

Цитата: arseniiv от декабря 25, 2009, 16:30
Я увижу снегопад, если (каким-то чудом; оно уже село) встанет солнце.
I'll see the snow fall if the sun shows up.

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр