Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Let's speak English!

Автор iopq, апреля 19, 2007, 07:12

Чайник777

DAZU brauchte Hitler 12 Jahre Zeit.

Квас

Пишите письма! :)

LOSTaz

As for me, I'm doing a course in German this montn (almost everyday in the mornings)
Then I'm to spend a month in Azerbaijan, I should visit my grandparents and all the friends living there.
Then I will be preparing for school in August.

Квас

LOSTaz

In Goethe-Institut.
I loved it very much :) The course is entirely in German so finally I could get used to the way it sounds. It's the first time in these 5 years I've been learning German when I've got the chance to express all my feelings and ideas in German. That's amazing :)
What is your book about?

Квас

Is this a correspondence course?

The book... Maths, you know. Attractors for motion equations of viscoelastic media. :) They say each formula included in a book halves the amount of potential readers; it turns out no one will read ours. ;D

LOSTaz

Nope, I've got to get up early in order commute there via underground.

Maths... Even though I'm not so bad at it, as compared to the rest of the class, I couldn't understand a word of the post you've written, except for the last sentence, no doubt. ;)
I mean I've no idea what "viscoelastic media" is. :)

Квас

Цитата: LOSTaz от июня 17, 2011, 00:21
Nope, I've got to get up early in order commute there via underground.

It turns out you're in Germany? Cool! :yes:

Цитата: LOSTaz от июня 17, 2011, 00:21
I mean I've no idea what "viscoelastic media" is. :)

Fluids that are viscous and elastic at once. :D They come up not very often in everyday life, but provide mathematicians with lots of complicated equations.

Awwal12

Цитата: Квас от июня 17, 2011, 00:27
Fluids that are viscous and elastic at once. :D
Sounds like just a more realistic model. If I remember correctly, such models are frequently used in technological calculations.
Фашиствующий имперец, асексуал и многожёнец, татарофоб, заслуженный функционер РПЦ. Слушает радио "Радонеж" и терпеть не может счастливых людей.

"Да здравствуют ДОЯРКИ!! Потому что доярки - это раса сверхчеловеков. За ними будущее планеты. Они переживут даже атомную войну, потому что доярки вечны, ибо хтоничны. И дадут потомство, которое тоже будет доярами и доярками. Ура, товарищи!.." (c) Awwal12

LOSTaz

Actually, it's in the hub of St. Petersburg, which is full of strangers, just like Germany :) Whereas I live quite far from it.

The problem is that I was familiar with all the words in the post but couldn't take an idea in a whole in.

LOSTaz

Квас

Цитата: Awwal12 от июня 17, 2011, 00:31
Цитата: Квас от июня 17, 2011, 00:27Fluids that are viscous and elastic at once. :D
Sounds like just a more realistic model. If I remember correctly, such models are frequently used in technological calculations.

If you wonder, I can go into details a bit. The motion of fluids is described by some mechanical equations and one extra equation known as the constitutive law. This law can be deduced from various reasons and 'contains' specific properties of a fluid. Lots of fluids obey so called Newton's constitutive law, which leads to Navier–Stokes equations: these are viscous fluids. Some other fluids (e. g. certain polymer solutions) display essentially different behaviour: under different conditions they may exhibit properties of a fluid and of a solid body. These media require other constitutive laws that are generally more complicated than Newton's one.

This is the stuff we usually write in introductions to the articles. :) We are not interested in physics and mostly deal with existence theorems. (The usefulness of existence results can be argued. ;D Some people say they already know that water flows.) I came across the only 'live' example of a non-Newtonian fluid (flour suspension, if I'm not mistaken) in the Big Bang Theory. ;D

Квас

Цитата: LOSTaz от июня 17, 2011, 00:46
Actually, it's in the hub of St. Petersburg, which is full of strangers, just like Germany :) Whereas I live quite far from it

The Goethe Institute seems to have spread itself considerably. :) I thought it was German.

Цитата: LOSTaz от июня 17, 2011, 01:01
I am about to fall asleep, so "Good Night!"

Good night then! Thanks for reviving the topic! :)

Awwal12

Actually any liquid can behave as an elastic body. It's just a matter of specific conditions when such behaviour cannot be ignored already.
Цитата: Квас от июня 17, 2011, 01:07
e. g. certain polymer solutions
Also glass melts, for instance.
Фашиствующий имперец, асексуал и многожёнец, татарофоб, заслуженный функционер РПЦ. Слушает радио "Радонеж" и терпеть не может счастливых людей.

"Да здравствуют ДОЯРКИ!! Потому что доярки - это раса сверхчеловеков. За ними будущее планеты. Они переживут даже атомную войну, потому что доярки вечны, ибо хтоничны. И дадут потомство, которое тоже будет доярами и доярками. Ура, товарищи!.." (c) Awwal12

Квас

Цитата: Awwal12 от июня 17, 2011, 01:15
Actually any liquid can behave as an elastic body.

I believe you are right. For example, the Newtonian law is applicable only in the case of moderate velocities.

Искандер

"Niech żyją POLACY!! Ponieważ polacy są rasej nadczłowieków. Od nich jest przyszłość planety. Oni przeżyją nawet wojną atomowę, dlatego, że polacy są wieczni, bo chtoniczni. I dadzą potomstwo, które też będzie polakami i polkami. Niech żyjemy, hura!.." (c) Awwal12

Awwal12

Квас

Poirot

Цитата: LOSTaz от июня 16, 2011, 23:38
As for me, I'm doing a course in German this montn
In this case I recommend visiting a special section at LF where people speak German. By the way Ellidi is very active there.
"Из-за плохой видимости через тепловизор прицела я увидел на расстоянии около 250 метров силуэт парнокопытного, внешне похожего на крупного кабана."

Квас

arseniiv

I see, you've been talking a bit about liquids here. How about non-Newtonian ones? Did you try to make some by putting starch and water together (same as of quicksand type)? Unfortunately, I don't remember accurate proportion.

Offtop
Please, correct me. I feel unsure.

Awwal12

Цитата: arseniiv от июня 17, 2011, 12:38
I see, you've been talking a bit about liquids here. How about non-Newtonian ones? Did you try to make some by putting starch and water together?

Offtop
Please, correct me. I feel unsure.
That again...  :) All real liquids are non-Newtonian, that's just a matter of when they begin to manifest elactic properties.

arseniiv

Well, you could have to understand I mean quite non-Newtonian. :negozhe:

Also, I updated that msg.

Offtop
Seeing these English words I feel a bit queer. ;D And it's not because of possible misusing of the language.

Искандер

"Niech żyją POLACY!! Ponieważ polacy są rasej nadczłowieków. Od nich jest przyszłość planety. Oni przeżyją nawet wojną atomowę, dlatego, że polacy są wieczni, bo chtoniczni. I dadzą potomstwo, które też będzie polakami i polkami. Niech żyjemy, hura!.." (c) Awwal12

Квас

Цитата: Искандер от июня 17, 2011, 13:02
If water can restitute some form after I broke the glass :???

Water does not exhibit elastic properties under normal conditions. It's just viscous.

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр