Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Speaking English with only germanic words

Автор sknente, сентября 7, 2007, 09:08

sknente

But it's an English word made up of the names of Germanic settlers (Angles and Saxons) who dwelt in England. :)
:3

klaus

Цитата: sknente от декабря 31, 2007, 18:02
But it's an English word made up of the names of Germanic settlers (Angles and Saxons) who dwelt in England. :)
Right you are.
Да здравствует свободная Эстония! Elagu vaba Eesti!

Xico

My bid is to deal with names of peoples and lands as something belonging to the English word-stock.

Цитата: klaus от декабря 31, 2007, 17:19
Undertaker is a man whose trade is to make ready the dead for burial [it is a good Anglo-Saxon word] or burning and to run burials.
I thought that that word was made up by means of the Latin "under-fastened" -al. It turns out that it is truly English -els. In the Middle English times it was understood as taking in the ending -s meaning manifoldness and thus spoilt.
Veni, legi, exii.

klaus

Да здравствует свободная Эстония! Elagu vaba Eesti!

Чайник777

DAZU brauchte Hitler 12 Jahre Zeit.

Xico

The word 'under-fastener' is the upshot of my awkward whack not to bring into play the word "suffix" (sub+fixum).
Sorry for having brought into play the word 'to turn out'. I beg you, read "I have lernt" instead of  "It turns out that ..."
Veni, legi, exii.

sknente

Xico, you have sinned. Xico has to kiss a reindeer in the hiney :-[ for saying "people" (<- lat. populus)

Xico

Veni, legi, exii.

sknente

Under-fastener... what about "word-tail"? :UU:

A hiney is man's best friend. It is made of flesh and you sit on it. :)

Xico

Цитата: sknente от декабря 31, 2007, 20:54
A hiney is man's best friend. It is made of flesh and you sit on it. :)

Heinie, N. Amer. slang. Also Hiney. E20.
A German, a German soldier (that is a Teutonic warrior)  :D
Veni, legi, exii.

sknente

Чайник777

I could not find 'hiney' in my wordbook. I think it comes from 'hind' as in 'hind legs'.
DAZU brauchte Hitler 12 Jahre Zeit.

Andrei N

[здесь должно что-то быть]

Xico

Цитата: Belg от декабря 31, 2007, 21:45
Цитата: "Xico" от
A German, a German soldier (that is a Teutonic warrior) 
! : soldier =  from latin "soldum/solidus".
That is why I gave another wording in the bow-like crotchets. The word 'Teuton' is Germanic (though the word "Germanic" is not Germanic at all).
Veni, legi, exii.

RostislaV

Great Thought - BUT!

1. What about the termen ??? Kan We work with them ? and as you see -

2. What about the TRU! rightwriting ? It means - NO! roman "C" as "K" ... Yeah ... I know this "C" was even in OE! But it is still wrong!  ;)
and a lot other bad thingen in English RightWriting !  :(

3. What about ending "n/en" instead of of "-s", although this ending is not needly as roman ... but! all the same - drop it away!  :yes:

And ... what about that a lot Agelske worden is NOT! anglo/english anyway! Even if they looks as tru-anglo ... ?

Wall ? is the latin ... and there are many such anglo-like worden in Withtiming English ! ... 

RostislaV

Цитата: sknente от сентября  7, 2007, 10:58
Welcome to our thread, snake-friend Python. You lose a dot for "site", since from the Latin it arises. I call you to take part in our game! Maybe to begin with, you could tell a bit about yourself, what is your work and so and so, this way we get to know Python better. :)

:down: :)

sknente

I greet you in this branch of our abode! Welcome, herr Rostislav. The way you speak is rather weird, but I can understand it. Out of K or C, who is to say which one should be the chosen? Upon those spellings, there are layers of dust, gathered over hundreds of years, who are we to uproot the olden ways?

sknente

Herr Rostislav, you are quick to find that which is wicked and unclean. However, those old mistakes of mine already have been spotted, and dots I have already lost, but since arisen back to life. Please do not bring my shameful blunders for all to see once yet again. :'(

RostislaV

Цитата: Verzähler от сентября  7, 2007, 11:41Сложность еще в том, что очень многих слов не хватает.

Thee kan taek them from WithTiming Nordik Tongen! Such as Norsk and Dansk (the best way!) - the short word-root liek Anglo way + Angloliek way to build the hardy word-buildingen!

Soemthing liek the easiest - "uphold" and a lot such-liek worden ... Anglo? yes, but they haev straight way of Nordik Raw!

sknente

You should have written "thou" there.

"Thou art a wicked man."
"I beat thee with a stick."

That's when you say "thee".

RostislaV

Цитата: sknente от января 11, 2008, 00:56
Herr Rostislav, you are quick to find that which is wicked and unclean. However, those old mistakes of mine already have been spotted, and dots I have already lost, but since arisen back to life. Please do not bring my shameful blunders for all to see once yet again. :'(

yeah ... yeah ...  :) but still ... what about my Askingen ? - 1 & 3 .  8)

RostislaV

Цитата: sknente от января 11, 2008, 01:00
You should have written "thou" there.

"Thou art a wicked man."
"I beat thee with a stick."

That's when you say "thee".

yeah? maybe it is right ... I`ll right it out later ... I kould taek thees Spot-Havingen in wrong way each other ...  :what:

sknente

1. The way we've taken hold of here, is making up a word using englyshe roots and then putting what we meant inside of twin bows (parentheses).

3. I see no need, but do it if you like. I don't see -s as Roman, and without it the tongue will be dead, unable to speak of anything of which there is more than one.

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр