Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Let's speak English!

Автор iopq, апреля 19, 2007, 07:12

Чайник777

DAZU brauchte Hitler 12 Jahre Zeit.

Karakurt

Demetrius

Цитата: Karakurt от августа 20, 2011, 15:06
Why? Must "Is becoming" be used?
I believe yes, since it's an action in progress at the moment of speaking.

There are lots of cases when different tenses should be used, but I've managed to forget all the grammar already. ;D

Искандер

Цитата: Demetrius от августа 20, 2011, 15:19
There are lots of cases when different tenses should be used, but I've managed to forget all the grammar already.
Why can't we just speak English, not choose correct tenses and other stuff?
I think there is no need in tenses so.
"Niech żyją POLACY!! Ponieważ polacy są rasej nadczłowieków. Od nich jest przyszłość planety. Oni przeżyją nawet wojną atomowę, dlatego, że polacy są wieczni, bo chtoniczni. I dadzą potomstwo, które też będzie polakami i polkami. Niech żyjemy, hura!.." (c) Awwal12

Karakurt

Искандер

Цитата: Karakurt от августа 20, 2011, 15:25
Is it ok to use past simple instead of perfect?
It's quite all-right when you mean something not so perfect but rather simple.
"Niech żyją POLACY!! Ponieważ polacy są rasej nadczłowieków. Od nich jest przyszłość planety. Oni przeżyją nawet wojną atomowę, dlatego, że polacy są wieczni, bo chtoniczni. I dadzą potomstwo, które też będzie polakami i polkami. Niech żyjemy, hura!.." (c) Awwal12

Demetrius

Цитата: Искандер от августа 20, 2011, 15:24
Цитата: Demetrius от августа 20, 2011, 15:19
There are lots of cases when different tenses should be used, but I've managed to forget all the grammar already.
Why can't we just speak English, not choose correct tenses and other stuff?
Well... Theoretically we can speak English without choosing tenses, but the result may turn out to be not really English. ;D

ЦитироватьI think there is no need in tenses so.
I think there is no need in English, so...

Demetrius

You are unlikely to run into misunderstanding speaking like this, I guess.

Искандер

Цитата: Demetrius от августа 20, 2011, 15:32
Well... Theoretically we can speak English without choosing tenses, but the result may turn out to be not really English. ;D
But englishmen do! They speak. They do not choose. & they're happy!

Demetrius

You are unlikely to run into misunderstanding speaking like this, I guess.

Demetrius

Цитата: Искандер от августа 20, 2011, 15:36
Цитата: Demetrius от августа 20, 2011, 15:32
But englishmen do! They speak. They do not choose. & they're happy!
It's because of their rotten capitalistic outlook! We should preserve the real beauty of the truъ English language, which is unfortunately so rare nowadays. ;)

Искандер

Цитата: Demetrius от августа 20, 2011, 15:38
We should preserve the real beauty of the truъ English language, which is unfortunately so rare nowadays. ;)
We shall I say!

Чайник777

Цитата: Demetrius от августа 20, 2011, 15:38
It's because of their rotten capitalistic outlook! We should preserve the real beauty of the truъ English language, which is unfortunately so rare nowadays. ;)
We should restrain ourselves from looking at the rotting corpse of Western capitalism lest it become too alluring   :)

Квас

Пишите письма! :)

Искандер

Demetrius

Цитата: Искандер от августа 20, 2011, 16:09
Цитата: Karakurt от августа 20, 2011, 16:00
You like to drink this?
You forget "Do".
An American once told me that asking questions with an affirmative word order is possible, when the speaker expects a positive answer. ;D

But, of course, this is by no means truъ English.

iopq

Poirot: Я, кстати, тоже не любитель выпить, хоть и русский.
jvarg: Профессионал? ;)

Искандер

Цитата: Demetrius от августа 20, 2011, 16:13
An American once told me that asking questions with an affirmative word order is possible, when the speaker expects a positive answer. ;D

But, of course, this is by no means truъ English.
Insted of that... itąs totallz possible in Smolensk's tongue of Ru-Be-language continuum. Both wordorder & intonation are positive, but the sentence, sudden, is a question.

Искандер

Квас

Цитата: Квас от августа 20, 2011, 14:54
Цитата: Чайник777 от августа 20, 2011, 14:43Why this thread is so unpopular? Where is everyone?  :what:
Present!
Цитата: Karakurt от августа 20, 2011, 16:00
Цитата: Квас от августа 20, 2011, 15:53Absent
You like to drink this?

Rather I'm recalling good old days at school. What date is it today? Ivanov!—Present!—Petrov!—He is absent today! Who is on duty today? ::)

Чайник777

Цитата: Квас от августа 20, 2011, 20:22
Rather I'm recalling good old days at school. What date is it today? Ivanov!—Present!—Petrov!—He is absent today! Who is on duty today? ::)
Were they really that good? I remember my doubts about my schoolteachers' English proficiency, their rather lame attempts to teach us and so on.

Квас

I was only decently teached English in the 6—8th forms.

People tend to forget evil things; actually I can't remember anything especially nasty about that time.

Чайник777

Our English teacher at the university was quite good and she had an American accent  ::)  having spent several years studying in the DC.

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр