Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Let's speak English!

Автор iopq, апреля 19, 2007, 07:12

Marius

What does science have to do with the previous message? Would you explain your point?

Piraraka

Well, actually Chinese is the most spoken language in the world, not English, I repeat - Chinese.

And that tells us something!!! That means GOD wants us all to speak Chinese.

You cannot ignore these facts! You just can't!

Marius

Well, my point wasn't the fact that God would want somebody speak a particular language, what I did try to emphasize was the fact that there are good motivational reasons for learning English for people who claim to be Christians. Regarding the number of speakers and the quantity of governmentally organized entities a.k.a countries, I'll attach two graphics found in the internet, hopefully the information contained should be quite accurate. Now on estimating the unity of the Chinese language, I'm not acquainted with it, but I can remember people saying the unity is more hieroglyphic in it's nature than linguistic, the various dialects being non understandable with each other.

-Dreamer-

Marius, that's just ridiculous. Those "letters from God and His Christ" are just a false prophecy. And English is not a sacred language. The real Scripture was written in Hebrew and Greek. But they aren't sacred, either. Indeed, those languages are respected by Christians, but it doesn't make them HOLY.  English is a living language spoken by over 300 million people as the first language. And that's why it's not fair to make it an international language. Some people are born with it and others have to study it hard if they don't wanna be the "second class". It sounds pretty chauvinistic.

Piraraka

Цитата: -Dreame- от декабря 13, 2013, 11:25
Those "letters from God and His Christ" are just a false prophecy.

What a blasphemy, what a blasphemy!!!

Anyway, in the light of the statistics, methinks that Chinese GOD is more powerful than the English one!!!
Don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna learn Chinese. :green:

Marius

Learning Chinese seems to be a pretty wise option for you, seeing you already master the English language at a pretty decent level. My first message was addressed to people who are in the beginning of their journey into the English language and might be needing some motivation.
Your remark on the "Chinese God" being more powerful etc. is pretty funny, kind of reminds me childhood debates between boys on whose father is stronger and so on.
Again, I didn't intend to offend anybody, and if I did, I apologize for that.

Piraraka

Lodur

Let's make the Sanskrit an international language. First of all, it is sacred, and secondly, there are virtually no people with Sanskrit as mother tongue.  :D
8-й Девственник Лингвофорума

If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is: infinite. (W. Blake)
Какая потребителю разница, какой продукт лучше не работает?.. (Awwal12)

Mercurio

Цитата: Lodur от декабря 14, 2013, 10:25
Let's make the Sanskrit an international language. First of all, it is sacred, and secondly, there are virtually no people with Sanskrit as mother tongue.  :D
I can't learn it, because it's very difficult ...
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Lodur

If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is: infinite. (W. Blake)

Mercurio

Mercurio

Piraraka

И чё... слышь чЁ семки есть? А еси найду? :D

A grammar, a textbook maybe? No?

Hellerick

Цитата: Piraraka от декабря 14, 2013, 10:52

Напрасно докапываетесь. Мануалы тоже бывают.

Marius

Цитата: Mercurio от декабря 14, 2013, 10:46
Цитата: Piraraka от декабря 14, 2013, 10:44
manual...  :fp:
Offtop
И че?
Offtop
Сейчас вас зарежут и принесут в жертву из-за того что вы допустили ошибку.

Mercurio

Цитата: Piraraka от декабря 14, 2013, 10:52
И чё... слышь чЁ семки есть? А еси найду? :D

Offtop
Молодец, медаль Вам за Ваши познания...

Piraraka

Piraraka

Lodur

Lodur

Цитата: Mercurio от декабря 14, 2013, 10:35Nope, I can't... I want to try. Do you have a manual? :)
Why do you need a manual, if you can't learn it? :wall:

OK, you may try this one: http://www.scribd.com/doc/106528163/Samskrtasubodhini-a-Sanskrit-Primer-M-deshpande-2007
If, in any case, you'll find it unsuitable, I'll try to recommend some other one.

Mercurio

Цитата: Lodur от декабря 14, 2013, 13:55
Цитата: Mercurio от декабря 14, 2013, 10:35Nope, I can't... I want to try. Do you have a manual? :)
Why do you need a manual, if you can't learn it? :wall:

OK, you may try this one: http://www.scribd.com/doc/106528163/Samskrtasubodhini-a-Sanskrit-Primer-M-deshpande-2007
If, in any case, you'll find it unsuitable, I'll try to recommend some other one.
Thanks, I will try. At least try :)

Ellidi

Цитата: Mercurio от декабря 14, 2013, 10:46
Цитата: Piraraka от декабря 14, 2013, 10:44
manual...  :fp:
Offtop
И че?
With regard to the realm of application (language study), belike the noun handbook (D. Handbuch) is more apposite.

Цитата: Marius от декабря 14, 2013, 10:55
Offtop
Сейчас вас зарежут и принесут в жертву из-за того что вы допустили ошибку.
Meseems that the befitting (or at least adjuvant to the collocutor's study) reaction to errors is rectification rather than reprehension or condemnation.
Suum quoque castitas mentis dispendium patitur, quia nonnunquam mens concupiscentiae telo configitur per carnis speciem, quam exterius contemplatur. («A. de C. S.», c. XI)

-Dreamer-

Цитата: Ellidi от декабря 14, 2013, 14:20
Meseems that the befitting (or at least adjuvant to the collocutor's study) reaction to errors is rectification rather than reprehension or condemnation.
Ellidi, are you kidding us?? Why on earth are you using words like that? Most of them are either completely obsolete or just very bookish. Do you post for yourself or for others? Please use a more neutral language.

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр