Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Let's speak English!

Автор iopq, апреля 19, 2007, 07:12

iopq

Цитата: Ellidi от апреля  8, 2012, 11:35
Цитата: Квас от апреля  8, 2012, 11:29
Good when [...] Other lexical errors also can be.
Runglish displeases me strongly
Your terse style is grating; moreso than any Runglish.

I can't really say much more; grammatically your sentence was correct - although you decided to put a period in the middle instead of a semicolon - but I didn't like it stylistically.
Poirot: Я, кстати, тоже не любитель выпить, хоть и русский.
jvarg: Профессионал? ;)

Passer-by

I felt like posting some stuff here to practise my poor English a bit.

Today I finally made up my mind to buy two books I'd been dreaming about for a long time.
They're 'Advanced Grammar in Use' and 'English Vocabulary in Use: Advanced'. The latter is a real mindf*ck. I bleeding don't know these lousy words (such as 'be adjacent to'/'adjoin', 'abdicate', 'abscond', etc.) :(
What is more, I'm taking part in a Whole Russian Olympiad in English next week, so I've got to have really broad knowledge. :( I don't though...

Passer-by

Aforesaid Runglish manifested itself. :(
All-Russian?? (всероссийская)

Квас

Пишите письма! :)

Ellidi

Цитата: Passer-by от апреля  8, 2012, 20:18
'be adjacent to'/'adjoin', 'abdicate', 'abscond'
Nice words. :) There are many more of them, such as propensity, obsequious, exonerate, præponderate, pusillanimous and so on. I adore them. They are of Latin origin, therefore knowing Latin facilitates their compræhension.
Suum quoque castitas mentis dispendium patitur, quia nonnunquam mens concupiscentiae telo configitur per carnis speciem, quam exterius contemplatur. («A. de C. S.», c. XI)

Karakurt

Oleg Grom

Искандер

Цитата: Ellidi от апреля  8, 2012, 21:13
Nice words. :) There are many more of them, such as propensity, obsequious, exonerate, preponderate, pusillanimous and so on. I adore them.
I totally canʼt understand them...
"Niech żyją POLACY!! Ponieważ polacy są rasej nadczłowieków. Od nich jest przyszłość planety. Oni przeżyją nawet wojną atomowę, dlatego, że polacy są wieczni, bo chtoniczni. I dadzą potomstwo, które też będzie polakami i polkami. Niech żyjemy, hura!.." (c) Awwal12

Ellidi

Цитата: Karakurt от апреля  8, 2012, 21:14
English must be cleared from many Latin words!
—1 Au contraire, English must be imbued with an abundance of more Latin words. :)
Suum quoque castitas mentis dispendium patitur, quia nonnunquam mens concupiscentiae telo configitur per carnis speciem, quam exterius contemplatur. («A. de C. S.», c. XI)

Passer-by

Цитата: Квас от апреля  8, 2012, 20:59
Цитата: Passer-by от апреля  8, 2012, 20:18
'English Vocabulary in Use: Advanced'.

What is this? A guide to elaborate writing/eloquent speaking?
http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/3950694/

From 'To the student' section
ЦитироватьWhy was this book written?
Itw as written to help you to improve your English vocabulary and to take you to an advanced level of knowledge of English words and phrases. It will help you to learn not only the meanings of words but also how they are used, how the y combine with one another (collocate), and how they form longer expressions. It will help you to distinguish better among the large number of words you already know and the new ones we introduce you to.

Квас

Why was this book written?
Itw as written to help you to improve your English vocabulary and to take you to an advanced level of knowledge of English words and phrases. It will help you to learn not only the meanings of words but also how they are used, how the y combine with one another (collocate), and how they form longer expressions. It will help you to distinguish better among the large number of words you already know and the new ones we introduce you to.

I think now I understand. Of course, it would be natural to acquire the vocabulary just using the language (first of all, through reading and through active use). On the other hand, I confess I'm prone myself to scholastic studies of this kind, when words are considered as the end in themselves.

Passer-by

Квас

Искандер

"Niech żyją POLACY!! Ponieważ polacy są rasej nadczłowieków. Od nich jest przyszłość planety. Oni przeżyją nawet wojną atomowę, dlatego, że polacy są wieczni, bo chtoniczni. I dadzą potomstwo, które też będzie polakami i polkami. Niech żyjemy, hura!.." (c) Awwal12

iopq

Maksim Sagay

Цитата: iopq от апреля  9, 2012, 15:03
Цитата: Искандер от апреля  9, 2012, 14:54
Good afternoon! my dear friends. Does anybody here?
I assume you meant to ask if anyone hears.
iorq, what you've just done is usually called "you are busting his balls''(informal). But in Russian quite harmless "подшутил/подколол/подъ..пал".. :)

iopq

Maksim Sagay

Искандер

Цитата: iopq от апреля  9, 2012, 15:03
I assume you meant to ask if anyone hears.
Just to say, I wrote first «heare», but changed then
Was I wrong?

Maksim Sagay

All's cleared up finally..  "Is anybody here?"/"Does anybody hear?" /iorq,sorry for being tough/

iopq

Искандер

What can I say... that's my knoledge of spelling. May be It isn't so good but it's the only I have.

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр