Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

declination early common slavonic personal and demonstrative pronouns

Автор Ян Хавлиш, января 6, 2006, 15:34

Ян Хавлиш

Dear linguists,
does anyone here know anything about the declination of early common Slavonic:

1) 3rd person personal pronouns (masc.), ia (fem.), ie (neutr.),

2) demonstrative pronouns siŝ, sái, se; tuŝ, and , respectively?

I would be thankfull for help with reconstruction of the declination of these.

ba cide hastpa touietaderouf.

кдыбы лидé недěлали блáҕовé вěци, ниц инелигентни́ҕо бы се никды нестало. (Лудвих Витгенčтаiн)

Sogdian

Ян Хавлиш

Цитата: Sogdian от июня 16, 2006, 05:05
Did you try to find the declination tables in the same sourses?  Where did you get this?

Oh, man, many books on Slavistics have been read, but none relevant info about this topic was found. Many authors (Schenker, Lamprecht, Rejzek...) just state in a text, that these were Early slavonic pronouns, but give no other additional specifications. To derive the desired information from declination of putative Late Indo-european pronouns seems not to be straightforward and again, one can hardly find any guess. Within Slavists, I communicated with, I found no interest to explain me anything, except for Dr.Rejzek, who, at least, had kindly told me that I am on a good way.

кдыбы лидé недěлали блáҕовé вěци, ниц инелигентни́ҕо бы се никды нестало. (Лудвих Витгенčтаiн)

Sogdian

Could it be that they had zero declination marker?  And the declination system developed later?  What do they date the Early Slavonic?

Ян Хавлиш

Цитата: Sogdian от июня 16, 2006, 09:03
Could it be that they had zero declination marker?  And the declination system developed later?  What do they date the Early Slavonic?

Nope, they were declined, I was able to re-construct partially their declination; few bugs in it were caught by kind help of Dr. Rejzek. They seem to somehow follow the Indo-european original one, but as it was said, not straightforwardly. Thing is, I am able to reconstruct mostly only the demostrative pronoun declination, not the original 3rd person personal one. On this, most of the sources modestly keep quiet. Most of the sources date Early Slavonic between the seventh/fourth cc BC and the fourth/fifth cc AC.

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр