Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Personal English learning materials.

Автор Bercutt, сентября 26, 2011, 20:26

Bercutt

My idea below may be important to you to improve your English materials.
As you know word combinations (collocations) in speaking are unpredictable. But it's possible to encompass in ready-made materials a wide variety of English phrases for each conversation topic. Practising English with such materials can help a learner easier choose the most appropriate word combinations to convey a thought.
By combining the most inclusive English phrase books, conversation books, general English thematic dictionaries, software, audio and video aids and websites you can create the most practical and thorough content for mastering each conversation topic in English for all levels including a wide selection of ready-to-use phrases, vocabulary and sentences for daily use.
As you know there are different word collocations/phrases and synonyms to convey a thought in English. It is a good idea to prepare a potential list of phrases with sentences on each conversation topic, for example fixed conversational phrases that do not require English grammar knowledge (greetings, forms of addressing a person, thanks, well-wishing, apology, agreeing, disagreeing, emotions, etc.). Multiple frequent reading of such sentences in English will gradually ensure firm memorisation of English vocabulary and contribute to developing good speaking skills.
Thus you can supplement each conversation topic with your own ready-made materials that are superior to (more helpful than) any conversation book or a phrase book in terms of useful comprehensive content and vocabulary. Let me know what you think about this issue.

kasp81

Цитата: Bercutt от сентября 26, 2011, 20:26
Let me know what you think about this issue.
Bercutt, I couldn't agree more that drilling collocations and phrases is very useful as far as speaking skills are concerned. So we could share "conversational phrases that do not require English grammar knowledge".
Let me begin with greetings and goodbyes What one could add to usual ones ?

• Formal
Hello
Good morning; good afternood; good evening
Glad to meet you (only when meeting person for the first time?)

Goodbye (Fare well)

• Informal
Hi
How do you do (How are you) ?  ( it's not a question, the answer may be "how do you do")
Salut. (french.)

So long
Bye

[/list]

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр