Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

h-dropping

Автор Dana, июня 7, 2005, 11:46

regn

Vertaler

Цитата: regn от августа 25, 2007, 22:36
What is then so phantastic about it?
Frisian has 26 diphtongs and 6 triphtongs, an ideal English couldn't reach.
Стрч прст в крк и вынь сухим.

regn

Ah, yes, I know that; I just thought it was something else you named ;)
Well, the number of vowels is really impressive. But do these include the nasals, too? Coz the nasals seem to be no phonemes in Frisian, as far as I know.

Vertaler

Цитата: regn от августа 25, 2007, 22:49
Ah, yes, I know that; I just thought it was something else you named ;)
Well, the number of vowels is really impressive. But do these include the nasals, too? Coz the nasals seem to be no phonemes in Frisian, as far as I know.
You're right, and this number doesn't include any nasals. Frisian has also 18 monophtongs as well, but the reason why I wrote about is because it sounds absolutely normal for me and sometimes even understandable.

regn

What seems normal? The number of vowels? Of course, it's even cool to have so many of them :) By the way, Danish has 20 monophthongs. ;)

Vertaler

regn

Vertaler

sknente

Цитата: Vertaler от августа 25, 2007, 22:42
Цитата: regn от августа 25, 2007, 22:36
What is then so phantastic about it?
Frisian has 26 diphtongs and 6 triphtongs, an ideal English couldn't reach.
Are you sure those are all phonemes (including the 18 monophthongs), or just dialectal variations in pronunciation... well you didn't mention they were phonemes anyway, so maybe there are just a lot of allophones.. ?
:3

regn

sknente

It's kinda hard to believe though, that they would keep such fine distinctions while being surrounded and dominated by a much sloppier language... :D Or maybe it isn't... since if the Frisian phonetics are so rich, maybe the entire phonetic set of Dutch can be contained within it, and perhaps the Frisians feel the Dutch sounds as a subset of their own, so Dutch phonetics don't muddle their language. :what:

sknente

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KaTanewWj4Y Sweet. :> Doesn't seem as hard to pronounce as English... the ending sounds kinda like... элшьигиропнай. : p

regn

It is notable, I think, that certain differencies are based on the pitch quality of this or that diphthong. I mean, rising and falling diphthongs are differentiated. Thus, it is very easy to number even greater quantites of vowels :P

Драгана

I don't say "h" if it's not needed in the word.But sometomes I speak t like  r or ch- for example better "bere" or meet you "mi:chu".And sometimes I say love like "luv " or "lov"(l is any milder).

Драгана

Sometimes I say h like..like a little г фрик.,but not im english but other languages.

sknente

lurrrve ~

Some black artist-singer man pronounced it with an awesome accent, but I forgot his name. Hearing him pronounce it was like eating greasy pasta with wine and thick mushroom sauce. :)

any milder
wha?

Jumis

Цитата: "sknente" от
Some black artist-singer man pronounced it with an awesome accent, but I forgot his name. Hearing him pronounce it was like eating greasy pasta with wine and thick mushroom sauce
:E:   :UU:  :eat:

Цитата: "sknente" от
wha?

in a slightly palatalized way, ya betcha
Ужасный чудными делами
Дзержинец мира искони
Он нашими решил судьбами
Себя прославить в эти дни

sknente

Цитата: sknente от августа 26, 2007, 00:54
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KaTanewWj4Y Sweet. :> Doesn't seem as hard to pronounce as English... the ending sounds kinda like... элшьигиропнай. : p
That "элшьигиропнай" is translated to Dutch as "elke keer opnieuw" = each time again. :) I also noticed now they say "du bist", like German (while dutch has "jij bent") and their version of "that" is "dost". :o

I wonder what do people who speak Nedersachsen say... jij or du? I've seen some N-sachsen pages on Wikipedia and it looks a loooot like Dutch. Basically, badly spelled Dutch. :D (just kidding)

andrewsiak

Цитата: sknente от ноября 27, 2007, 19:11
Цитата: sknente от августа 26, 2007, 00:54
That "элшьигиропнай" is translated to Dutch as "elke keer opnieuw" = each time again. :) I also noticed now they say "du bist", like German (while dutch has "jij bent") and their version of "that" is "dost". :o
that = dat
(you) do = (du) dost
той ще ся не вродив, щоб усім догодив.

iopq

Poirot: Я, кстати, тоже не любитель выпить, хоть и русский.
jvarg: Профессионал? ;)

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр