Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Speaking English with only germanic words

Автор sknente, сентября 7, 2007, 09:08

sknente

Indeed, the tail of -s does not come from the Romans

--- unclean Englyshe below, from a walha abode ---
Цитировать-s (1)
suffix forming almost all Mod.Eng. plural nouns, was gradually extended in M.E. from O.E. -as, the nom. plural and acc. plural ending of certain "strong" masc. nouns (cf. dæg "day," nom./acc. pl. dagas "days"). The commonest Gmc. declension, traceable back to the original PIE inflection system, it is also the source of the Du. -s plurals and (by rhotacism) Scand. -r plurals (e.g. Swed. dagar). Much more uniform today than originally; O.E. also had a numerous category of "weak" nouns that formed their plurals in -an, and other strong nouns that formed plurals with -u.
:3

RostislaV

Цитата: sknente от января 11, 2008, 01:093. I see no need, but do it if you like. I don't see -s as Roman, and without it the tongue will be dead, unable to speak of anything of which there is more than one.

this, and + other your sending - yes I know! As I wroet -

Цитата: RostislaV от января 11, 2008, 00:343. What about ending "n/en" instead of of "-s", although this ending is not needly as roman ... but! all the same - drop it away!  :yes:

it means that I know the root of "-s" ...
But -

a) it looks liek Roman  :)

b) the Headiest! - Why "-s" has so strongly inbuild in English ?
This is London way ... Which has won this spot in English!

If an other English Spot-Tong had this win ... Then we kould see ONLY "-n/en" in English ... as we see this in other Theud Tongen ... Not Nordik anyway ...

sknente

sknente

Yeah well as you see, in the tongues of scandinavia, -ar/-er is the most often seen way to give the meaning of "many" to a word. And it stems from earlier -s. In the tongues of Deutschland, -en took over, in the Lowlands both -en and -s hold about the same strength. (from what I gather)

I don't know why you call it the London way, more likely it's the Norse way.

RostislaV

Цитата: sknente от января 11, 2008, 01:30
The Headiest? What is that, like, a man with the biggest head?

ah ... No! strongly ...  :no:

I only want ... to build the meaning - "The Very Main" ...

Head - Heady - Headiest ... maybe it is wrong way ... but it kould be in Anglo ... if Anglo still be the Anglo!  :what:

sknente

sknente

RostislaV

Цитата: sknente от января 11, 2008, 01:37
Yeah well as you see, in the tongues of scandinavia, -ar/-er is the most often seen way to give the meaning of "many" to a word. And it stems from earlier -s. In the tongues of Deutschland, -en took over, in the Lowlands both -en and -s hold about the same strength. (from what I gather)

yes, this is right, moerover! - even in NordLanden you still kan see the "-s" ... soemtimen ... in soem worden ... 

ЦитироватьI don't know why you call it the London way, more likely it's the Norse way.

I had read this in oen book ... I don`t minding (in meaning - MEMORY) in which oen ...

But theer was said - that the "-s" bekaem the main ending in English that this was moer Londonia thing and Londonia had moer mightdom than any other spot in Middel-Hundredyearen`s Anglia ... strongly.

So ... it is bekaem the Main ending ...

ah ... so whiel it is too hard to speak in/out in Theud Worden ONLY!  :( :what:

I must maek moer doingen ... and overlook and mind out my OE/ME/WE and Nordik/Theud Worder ...   :what:

sknente

Karakurt

RostislaV

To all and everyoen ... -  :)

When you looking for soem TRU English Word-Root or Root-Word ... I don`t know what kind of spot is better and righty ... - SO! Seek them out in such way -

- WithTiming English WordBook - see the old worden ... they must be always in thees booken! So, taek them and DO! wield!

- Middel English ... if you haev soemthing liek this, strongly ... wheer you kan find a lot good RIGHT worden ... liek - feorthung = "quarter" This is sheen! Am I right ?  8) in WE it may be liek - fourthing ... yeah-yeah ... it is tones as Hungarian forting ...  :D - but this is not viktikly!  8)

- Old (Eald) English (Englisk) (I would liek to right down this Word in TRU Anglo way ... which means - NO! - "G", "W" ... but for now I havn`t this RightWriting ... ).

If you havn`t found the TRU Theudik Worden in this ... So - go to the seekingen in -

- Fries (WithTiming Fries will gives you all needy worden ... I think, I hoep ...)

- Vlaamandische / Nenedrelands / Deutsch

- Old Theudiken ... liek Gothik ... and so on ...

- Old Nordiken (Old Norse, Old Islenska, Old Norges or soemthing liek this) + WithTiming all theese Tongen! - Norsk and Dansk aer the main! in this list! As moer keenful to English than any other Theudik tong ...

But the most keen is (as we know) - Fries!

So! If we want to speak in Right, Klean English - we MUST! dig and dig out the Fries!

:) :yes: ;)

sknente

Цитата: RostislaV от января 11, 2008, 02:06
by the way ... does you all know about this streaming ...

HáFrónska.Org

:)
First time I see it, the wood and brass there sing a song sweet to the ear. But their goal is strange... why not just let Icelandic be what it is?

yes ... but "re" is NOT "ours" ... so say ...
Oh that is true. So hmm... "pull it out of (my/your) mind"? :D Although, "pulling something out of the mind" sounds more like forgetting than "bringing it out inside the mind". Maybe we could put it that way.

Цитироватьexchange - maybe veksling
Oh, you meant Wechsel. A German borrowing. This word is only said in Englyshe when the talk is about swapping gold for goods.  Otherwise, it can't mean "swapping" in a wider field of meaning. :o

sknente

Цитата: RostislaV от января 11, 2008, 02:35
To all and everyoen ... -  :)

--- clip clip ---
to see if the word I'm about to write is clean Englyshe or not, I look in //www.etymonline.com . :) And to find Englyshe mean-alikes to the wicked Roman-ness, I go to this abode: http://thesaurus.reference.com/

RostislaV

Цитата: sknente от января 11, 2008, 02:45to see if the word I'm about to write is clean Englyshe or not, I look in //www.etymonline.com

this oen I know about  :)

ЦитироватьAnd to find Englyshe mean-alikes to the wicked Roman-ness, I go to this abode: http://thesaurus.reference.com

but this oen I do not know about ... so - þæŋk! . :)

BUT! anyway ... if you want to understand soemthing and learn this out ... you gotta  :green: to dig in to the rooten of this thing ...  8)

Karakurt

Andrei N

Someone put the word 'please', but it is french. Is there an other word that can be gebrucced instead?
[здесь должно что-то быть]

klaus

Цитата: Belg от января 11, 2008, 09:50
Someone put the word 'please', but it is french. Is there an other word that can be gebrucced instead?
please = I beg you.
Да здравствует свободная Эстония! Elagu vaba Eesti!

RostislaV

Цитата: klaus от января 11, 2008, 09:55
Цитата: Belg от января 11, 2008, 09:50
please = I beg you.

not very good way ... - long, not-oen-word way, and so on.

I would liek to wield with the stim-word "blithen/blithing" ...

That is first meaning of the word/do-word/stim-word - "please"

Taek a look to a wordbook for this "please"! What the first meaning is for it ? Yes, right! - the stim-word! Afterwards only theer is the meaning as Deutsch - "bitte".
So we KAN! wield this stim-word - "blithen/blithing" as the stim-word instead of "please" - even when it works as not stim-word but onspeeching ... I see this in such way.  :) :yes:

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр