Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Speaking English with only germanic words

Автор sknente, сентября 7, 2007, 09:08

sknente

Цитата: Verzähler от сентября  7, 2007, 11:06
Sknente, Ich understood not your speech, where ye laugh too. What ye would tell me?
Which bit, do show with your finger. :) I shall untangle what I meant.
:3

Wolliger Mensch

«Вот интересно, каких лингвистических жемчуг можно найти в море отодвинутых книг», Ян Гавлиш.
«Впредь прошу помнить, что придумал игру не для любых ассоциаций, а для семантически оправданных. Например, чтó это такое: ,,рулетке" — ,,выпечке"?? Тем более, что сей ляпсус я сам совершил...», Марбол
«Ветхий Завет написан на иврите и частично на армейском», Vesle Anne
«МЛ(ять)КО ... ПЛ(ять)NЪ», Тася
«Вот откроет этот спойлер, например, Марго, ничего не подозревая, а потом будут по всему форуму блюющие смайлики...», Авал
«Томан приличный мужчина. Правда по патриархальным меркам слегка голодранец», Vesle Anne
«Возможен ли фонетический переход "ж" в "п с придыханием"», forest

sknente

Yea. Are you using the German way of laying out the words in an utterance? Or is it Anglo-Saxon? (or maybe it's the same way for both)

sknente

I wanted to say "unravel", but I couldn't find out where did it come from into Dutch. Maybe you know. :) If it's Germanic, then we can say it too.

Wolliger Mensch

Цитата: sknente от сентября  7, 2007, 11:29
Yea. Are you using the German way of laying out the words in an utterance? Or is it Anglo-Saxon? (or maybe it's the same way for both)

None, Ich write (Ich will at least) as his wrote in the early new english tongue (also taking borrowing words away). Ich think not too that hit all come out as hit is needed. Сложность еще в том, что очень многих слов не хватает. Ich am sorry for my rusish.
«Вот интересно, каких лингвистических жемчуг можно найти в море отодвинутых книг», Ян Гавлиш.
«Впредь прошу помнить, что придумал игру не для любых ассоциаций, а для семантически оправданных. Например, чтó это такое: ,,рулетке" — ,,выпечке"?? Тем более, что сей ляпсус я сам совершил...», Марбол
«Вот откроет этот спойлер, например, Марго, ничего не подозревая, а потом будут по всему форуму блюющие смайлики...», Авал
«Томан приличный мужчина. Правда по патриархальным меркам слегка голодранец», Vesle Anne

sknente

Yep, sometimes it's hard to put into words even the most straightforward thoughts. So many true Englyshe words have been eaten up. You're welcome to use old Anglo-Saxon words, if you know them. :) Like how I used "aethel". I wonder if there's a Today's Englyshe/Old Englyshe wordbook on the web? I would like to know how they said "the side of one's head whereupon sit the eyes and the nose" back then. (But I can make a guess. :)) It's weird how Today's Englyshe is called a Germanic tongue. Maybe it's better to call it a Romance tongue with some Germanic leftovers. :'(

sknente

Цитата: Verzähler от сентября  7, 2007, 11:41
None, Ich write (Ich will at least) as his wrote in the early new english tongue (also taking borrowing words away).
They wrote "Ich" in the early New Englyshe? Haven't seen that anywhere. Although it's understandable why it could be that way.. Anglo-Saxon "ic" /itʃ/ -> "ich" (still /itʃ/). :)

Python

Цитата: sknente от сентября  7, 2007, 10:58
Welcome to our thread, snake-friend Python. You lose a dot for "site", since from the Latin it arises. I call you to take part in our game! Maybe to begin with, you could tell a bit about yourself, what is your work and so and so, this way we get to know Python better. :)
I wish not to tell about myself, since Python is a thought man (or a snake :) ) which was born to make a wall between my life in the world-wide-web and the life of the man who writes his words here. My life is my own land, and noone may come there.

Also, you lose a dot for a "part", which looks like a Latin word.
Пролетареві ніколи вчити європейських мов, бодай би свою знати добре і на ній принести до своєї хати світло знання (Гнат Хоткевич)
ÆC CASALI NAXI PRASQURI: AHOV CÆRU, MERTVÆRI TÆ SLAVUTÆT!
Вони просили його: «Скажи: кетум», а він говорив: «сатем», і не міг вимовити правильно.
Хотелось бы также отметить, что "Питон" - это "мышиный язык" : "пи+тон". © АБР-2

sknente

True. :-[ Those blasted put-together verbs! But anyway, you could tell us about your world-wide-web life and not about the true man (or snake) who stands behind!
(Must get my thoughts together to not lose this game.)

Andrei N

Цитата: "sknente" от
This means dropping a fair share of everyday words like "use", "basic", "common", "point"....

Цитата: "sknente" от
You're welcome to use....

???? I do not understand the rules of your game...
Can words like Romance, Latin... be "used"?
[здесь должно что-то быть]

sknente

Yes, since they are names of tongues (or kindreds of tongues). Their meaning is their name. Likewise, we don't have to put names of towns into Englyshe either. So, Rome, Paris and Venice all can be called by their names.

Where did I say "you're welcome to use"? :o

Belg doesn't lose a dot for "rules", as he doesn't understand them yet. :)

Andrei N

sknente

iopq

Poirot: Я, кстати, тоже не любитель выпить, хоть и русский.
jvarg: Профессионал? ;)

sknente

Greetings, fellow undertaker! Tell us about your day of today, or maybe something else that you would like to tell us, but whatever it may be, please tell it. :>

Vertaler

Стрч прст в крк и вынь сухим.

Wolliger Mensch

sknente

Blah, me head no worky. ;<
I was doing my best to not let "please" catch me, but in the end it got me anyway.
* sknente gives himself a new life and another 5 dots * Hi friends. :D
Instead of the word not-to-be-named, one can say "swap" or "trade".

klaus

Цитата: sknente от сентября  8, 2007, 10:28
Greetings, fellow undertaker! Tell us about your day of today, or maybe something else that you would like to tell us, but whatever it may be, please tell it. :>
undertaker: a person whose profession is the preparation of the dead for burial or cremation and the management of funerals.
Да здравствует свободная Эстония! Elagu vaba Eesti!

Чайник777

undertaker
1) see funeral director
2)One, especially an entrepreneur, that undertakes a task or job.  ;D
DAZU brauchte Hitler 12 Jahre Zeit.

Xico

Цитата: klaus от декабря 31, 2007, 14:03
Цитата: sknente от сентября  8, 2007, 10:28
undertaker: a person whose profession is the preparation of the dead for burial or cremation and the management of funerals.
The word 'undertaker' also means a businessman, that is one who undertakes, someone who is ready to put his gelt to a loss that can happen. (Pretty ugly, but the law has not been broken)
Veni, legi, exii.

sknente

Gosh, how wonderful it is for me to see my old beloved thread being brought back to life again. ^_^ I wish everyone happiness in the year to come.

klaus

Undertaker is a man whose trade is to make ready the dead for burial [it is a good Anglo-Saxon word] or burning and to run burials.
Да здравствует свободная Эстония! Elagu vaba Eesti!

Чайник777

DAZU brauchte Hitler 12 Jahre Zeit.

Andrei N

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр