"заткнуть пробкой" == "bung up", "block up", "seal up", "stop up"?

Автор Legionaire, июня 22, 2016, 16:14

Legionaire

здравствуйте, смотрел фильм БЕСПЕЧНЫЙ ЕЗДОК, где они запихали деньги в шланг и заткнули его пробкой, положив в бензобак. Подумал, а как будет "заткнуть пробкой"? Вроде пробка == bung, отсюда прошел на bung в словаре Longman dictionary of Phrasal verbs и обнаружил:

bung in - 1. infml to put (something) in, often rudely: "just bung in some old bricks to fill up the hole", 2. to interrupt with (smth spoken): "can I bung in a word yet?"

bung up - 1. not fml to block or close (smth): "the leaves bunged up the hole", 2. not fml to block (of nose): "my nose is bunged up with cold"

block up - 1. to close (smth), prevent movement through (smth): "the pipe is blocked up again and there's water all over the floor",
2. to fix (smth) with blocks: "you will have to block up the wheel of the car to change the tyre"

seal up - to clode (smth) tightly: "to seal the envelop", "you'd better seal up that hole in the wall"

stop up - 1. to block (a hole) with smth solid: "my ears frequently get stopped up with wax", "what can we use to stop up the hole in the wall?"
2. to remain raised, high, etc: "how does that narrow building stop up?", "the picture won't stop up if you use that weak hook"
3. to remain late out of bed, as at night: [size=78%] [/size][/size]"please dont stop up for me, I may be in very late"[size=78%]

[/size]stuff up - 1. to block (smth): "you could stuff the hole in the window up with newspaper until the man can put some new glass in", "he stuffed his ears up with hands to prevent the noize"[size=78%]
[/size]2. be stuffed up - (usu. of a nose) to be filled, as with cold: "i've got a bad cold and my nose is all stuffed up"[size=78%]

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр