Author Topic: What should a learner keep in mind when learning and practising English?  (Read 10598 times)

Offline Sudarshana

I agree with the dudes. I do believe that careful and complicated planning (like "selecting texts at all levels of difficulty for reading on each topic with important content for your needs") will not work for most people. people are just too lazy. I believe in a more natural way of learning languages: chat with people you like, watch your favorite sitcoms in the language you learn etc...

Offline -Dreamer-

• Stranger and sojourner
Fe ddysgais Gymraeg heb ddysgu'r seineg a'r cynaniad.

Oherwydd nad wyf yn gallu clywed y siaradwyr brodorol, neu siarad â nhw.

Yr wyf yn gwybod yr iaith ysgrifennedig yn unig, a chredaf bod weithiau dysgu'r seineg yn ddiangen.

Cofiwch yr iaith Ladin: yr ydym yn gallu dysgu'r iaith ysgrifennedig, yr iaith o'r awduron clasurol... Ond mae'r bobl ym mhob wlad yn defnyddio eu hynganu eu hun wrth ddarllen testunau clasurol.
Александра, прикольно, что Вы тут валлийский используете, этот чувак небось и не опознает его, хотя кто его знает... :donno:

Offline Alexandra A

• Пришелец из эпохи Кассивелауна и Гая Юлия Цезаря
    • Caesar in Britain / Cesare in Britannia / Цезарь в Британии
Yr wyf yn caru'r sillafiad Prydeinig.
Cassiuellaunos Кассивелаун
Gaius Iulius Caesar Гай Юлий Цезарь
year 54 BCE l'anno 54 PEV год 54 до н.э.

Offline Sudarshana

Yr wyf yn gwybod yr iaith ysgrifennedig yn unig, a chredaf bod weithiau dysgu'r seineg yn ddiangen.

Cofiwch yr iaith Ladin: yr ydym yn gallu dysgu'r iaith ysgrifennedig, yr iaith o'r awduron clasurol... Ond mae'r bobl ym mhob wlad yn defnyddio eu hynganu eu hun wrth ddarllen testunau clasurol.
   :+1:
   Anok hô aytsavoy ešače m mntrmnkême eyôš n henčôôme mmate. Mnrôme eynaššače nmmaw awô eyšanšače nmmay nrôme nameewe če anguathêt pe ;D

Offline -Dreamer-

• Stranger and sojourner
Yr wyf yn caru'r sillafiad Prydeinig.
I've never thought otherwise. :yes:

Anok hô aytsavoy ešače m mntrmnkême eyôš n henčôôme mmate. Mnrôme eynaššače nmmaw awô eyšanšače nmmay nrôme nameewe če anguathêt pe ;D
Is it the Coptic language? :??? F*cking Google won't translate it. :no:

Offline Sudarshana

Is it the Coptic language?
   se, tmntrmnkême te :yes:

Offline -Dreamer-

• Stranger and sojourner

Offline Theo van Pruis

Dan saya bisa bicara bahasanya.

I can write in weird languages as well 8-)
Даёшь австронезийскую инфиксацию во все поля!

Offline Sudarshana

what about ungoogletranslatable languages? ;D

Offline Theo van Pruis

what about ungoogletranslatable languages? ;D
Tongan :yes:

Offline -Dreamer-

• Stranger and sojourner
Ладно, ребят, оставим Беркута, а то он небось прифигел слегка. Месяцами никто особо не отвечает на его посты, а тут бац и срач. Не стоит, наверное.

Offline Theo van Pruis

Ладно, ребят, оставим Беркута, а то он небось прифигел слегка. Месяцами никто особо не отвечает на его посты, а тут бац и срач. Не стоит, наверное.
Да ладно вам, хоть какой-то экшн, может он даже обрадуется :donno:

Offline -Dreamer-

• Stranger and sojourner
Ага, вот этому:
Quote from: Google
Okay, guys, let's leave the Golden eagle, and I suppose it prifigel lightly. For months, no one really does not respond to his posts, and then bang and srach. Not worth it, I guess.
Oh my freaking gosh! :D

Offline Demetrius

• Бес джинн фея колдунчик
Ngóh dōu sīk... Bātgwo jouhmē ga?
我都識……不過做咩㗎?
I can too... But what for?
«Честного не жди слова, // Я тебя предам снова»

Offline Theo van Pruis

Ага, вот этому:
Quote from: Google
Okay, guys, let's leave the Golden eagle, and I suppose it prifigel lightly. For months, no one really does not respond to his posts, and then bang and srach. Not worth it, I guess.
Oh my freaking gosh! :D
Сначала прочитал "srach" как "scratch" и долго думал, почему гугл перевёл именно так ;D

Offline Sudarshana

erthe n alexandra   
   to be like Alexandra ;up:

Offline Theo van Pruis

Ngóh dōu sīk... Bātgwo jōuhmē ga wo?
我都識……不過做咩㗎喎?
Just for lulz No idea. Someone has started writing in Welsh in this topic and now writing in weird languages has become trendy here all of a sudden :donno:

Offline Sudarshana

Offline Theo van Pruis

erthe n alexandra   
   to be like Alexandra ;up:
Untuk menjadi serupa Alexandra :yes:

А коптский и правда выглядит экономно :???

Offline -Dreamer-

• Stranger and sojourner
Just for lulz No idea. Someone has started writing in Welsh in this topic and now writing in weird languages has become trendy here all of a sudden :donno:
Then you can write something in the language spoken on the Cook Islands (I don't remember the name of it). Once you even started to teach it to other users, but after a while ceased to do it. Do you still remember, Theo?

Offline Theo van Pruis

Then you can write something in the language spoken on the Cook Islands (I don't remember the name of it). Once you even started to teach it to other users, but after a while ceased to do it. Do you still remember, Theo?
Yeah, I remember. I stopped teaching it cause none of you guys was interested in it. Its name is Cook Islands Maori. Why should I write anything in it here? I like Indonesian much more and I speak Bahasa
better than CI Maori. Tongan is nice as well but ergativity is kinda f*cked up.

Offline -Dreamer-

• Stranger and sojourner
Yeah, I remember. I stopped teaching it cause none of you guys was interested in it. Its name is Cook Islands Maori. Why should I write anything in it here? I like Indonesian much more and I speak Bahasa
Okay, that was just a joke. You can write in any language you like to write in. :yes:
And I'm gonna go to bed, it's so goddamn late now... Good night, dude. :) Good night to Bercutt and all the other guys, too! ;D

Offline Theo van Pruis

Okay, that was just a joke. You can write in any language you like to write in. :yes:
And I'm gonna go to bed, it's so goddamn late now... Good night, dude. :) Good night to Bercutt and all the other guys, too! ;D
Yeah, g'night, dude, I'm gonna pay a visit to Morpheus as well :)

Offline Robert Dunwell

I agree that, if you're not going to listen or speak, phonetics and pronunciation are pretty worthless.:-)))

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
√49 Напишите ответ строчными буквами:
«Сто одёжек, все без застёжек» — что это?: