Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Enjoyable practising of English on one's own

Автор Bercutt, ноября 19, 2012, 20:28

Bercutt

Are you interested in learning and practising advanced (high level) English, for example everyday colloquial, idiomatic and slang English?
You can practise English enjoyably with content of your interest and for your language needs on your own without expenses with free materials.
I can provide you with a list of free materials and with ideas for practising English, including speaking with self-check.
Let me know your ideas about those issues.

-Dreamer-

Yes, I think it's a good idea. Just post your list here and then we'll see whether it's intersting for us or not. But I'd like you to know that this forum is not a forum for learners of English. Most people here already know English at a normal or even high level, so they're more interested in learning and practicing other languages. And they also like talking shit about politics and religion here. ;D

Bercutt

In my opinion to improve their English learners need to develop a plan for each lesson (to choose content for each lesson).
Let me know the titles of textbooks and what other materials (audio, video recordings, newspapers, online reading materials) you use to improve your English.
Below are valuable advanced English learning materials. Take your time, don't rush, gradually in your free time you can choose the most important content and topics in order of priority for your needs. I believe it's a good idea to learn and to practise each daily life topic comprehensively (thoroughly) before proceeding to the next topic as I described in my English learning article "Logical mastering of a conversation topic in English". Especially concentrate on listening, speaking (with self-check) and on mastering a large number of English vocabulary. The more vocabulary a learner knows how to use correctly the easier it is to convey a thought in a language in speaking, in writing and to understand the reading and listening content. Read my English learning articles again before your English lesson on each topic. It will take at least several lessons to master a daily life topic logically practising especially listening, speaking, reading and vocabulary in English. I learned and practised German in this effective way in the past.

MAJOR ESL/EFL WEBSITES WITH DIVERSE RESOURCES:

www.eslgold.net
www.rong-chang.com
www.eslpages.com
www.free-english-study.com
www.freeeslmaterials.com
www.english-portal.com
www.eslall.com
www.esl.about.com
www.eslpartyland.com
www.eslpoint.com
http://iteslj.org
www.manythings.org
www.esldiscussions.com
www.agendaweb.com
www.englishclub.com
www.world-english.org

NTC's Dictionary of Everyday American English Expressions (over 7,000 phrases arranged by topics). Comprehensive phrase book and conversation book.

Longman Idioms Dictionary (over 6,000 idioms; choose the right idiom with the unique Idiom Activator).

Longman Pocket Idioms Dictionary (Dictionary) , 310 pages, 2002;
* Over 3000 idioms * Clear and easy definitions * Thousands of examples showing real usage * Unique Activator(R) section to choose the right idiom.

The Big Book of How to Say It (book by Rosalie Maggio, 2001, 890 pages).

The Complete Word Book: The Practical Guide to Anything and Everything You Need to Know About Words and How to Use Them [Hardcover], 1128 pages, 1991.
Covering over 65 topics--from word usage and grammar to abbreviations and spelling--here is literally the last word on words. This practical, all-inclusive reference for school, home or office is the perfect tool to add variety, vigor, freshness, and clarity to writing and speaking.

Bercutt

I've got interested in language learning strategies and in issues of how to become a better language learner. This is important for easier, more productive, quicker, more enjoyable and more successful language learning. I've searched for information on these issues. In my opinion I've selected the most important links to Internet resources for learning English phonetics, grammar, vocabulary, listening, speaking, reading, writing and free online integrated skills English courses..

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр