Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Teutonic English

Автор Versteher, июля 1, 2012, 20:10

Ellidi

Цитата: Alexandra A от июля  4, 2012, 19:02
(It is for your *Weise* of writing.)
Is my wise (there is the English noun wise, see here) set to teem with hoards of Latin words? Well, I am struggling to uproot them from my wise here as it beseems the thread.
Suum quoque castitas mentis dispendium patitur, quia nonnunquam mens concupiscentiae telo configitur per carnis speciem, quam exterius contemplatur. («A. de C. S.», c. XI)

Ellidi

Цитата: Lodur от июля  4, 2012, 18:16
I'm extremely happy with modern English. :yes: I don't think it needs any sort of purification at all. :no:
(I shall for a while use mine own manner to write English, otherwise the process would be significantly protracted and even obstructed)

Lodur, I do not concur with you either. I have embraced the conjecture that English would be better off without Germanic vocabulary whatsoever, except pronouns and conjunctions (and a modicum of adverbs). Supplant freedom and replace it with liberty, supplant girl and replace it with damsel, supplant forbid and replace it with interdict and prohibit, supplant food and replace it with nutrition and victuals, supplant tree and replace it with arbour, supplant brain and replace it with cerebrum et cetera and you would attain one quite elaborate, almost enrapturing Romance language with a negligible Germanic debris, an exiguous Germanic residue, no more than in modern French. This would be an indubitably magnificent exploit.

What is your attitude concerning my conjecture?

I beseech V. to forgive my offtopic. / I entreat V. to pardon my digression.
Suum quoque castitas mentis dispendium patitur, quia nonnunquam mens concupiscentiae telo configitur per carnis speciem, quam exterius contemplatur. («A. de C. S.», c. XI)

Alexandra A

Цитата: Ellidi от июля  4, 2012, 20:26
Lodur, I do not concur with you either. I have embraced the conjecture that English would be better off without Germanic vocabulary whatsoever, except pronouns and conjunctions (and a modicum of adverbs). Supplant freedom and replace it with liberty, supplant girl and replace it with damsel, supplant forbid and replace it with interdict and prohibit, supplant food and replace it with nutrition and victuals, supplant tree and replace it with arbour, supplant brain and replace it with cerebrum et cetera and you would attain one quite elaborate, almost enrapturing Romance language with a negligible Germanic debris, an exiguous Germanic residue, no more than in modern French. This would be an indubitably magnificent exploit.

It would be a kind of Latino sine Flexione.
taximagulus segouax caius iulius kent 25 august 55 before the common era
marcus tullius quintus tullius arpinum 6 may 51 before the common era

Alexandra A

I say *yes* to Welsh as the first tongue of Britain.

Welsh, which has many Latin words.

Ellidi

Цитата: Alexandra A от июля  4, 2012, 20:30
It would be a kind of Latino sine Flexione.
But would it be enrapturing, captivating, pleasing to you? Would you, perpetually critical of the Germanic world, repugning its influence, be inclined to desist from any Germanic vocabulary whatsoever while composing English texts, to incise the ultimate connection with it?

To moderators: it is perchance appropriate to abscind the four final messages in this topic (and entitle them "Romance English", if I may propose) in order not to nonplus the venerable Versteher. My sincere apologies for the digression. I confess mine inability to express my cogitations in English without resorting to terms of Latin/Romance descent.

Passerby

Offtop
What's wrong with the ordinary English language? Why are you all trying to change it?
Unfortunately, neither Ellidi's nor Versteher's way of writing in English appeals to me.

Sudarshana

-Dreamer-

Offtop
Passerby, they just wanna clean the language of all Latin or French words. Maybe Greek ones also fell from grace, so to speak. But the thing is that ONLY Germanic roots must remain in the tounge! No fucking loanwords at all! It's like we would be removing all non-Slavic words from the Russian language. You can also remember the situation with your native Azeri and the post-Ottoman Turkish. But here it's just for the fuck fun of it. :D

Lodur

Цитата: Ellidi от июля  4, 2012, 20:26Lodur, I do not concur with you either. I have embraced the conjecture that English would be better off without Germanic vocabulary whatsoever, except pronouns and conjunctions (and a modicum of adverbs). Supplant freedom and replace it with liberty, supplant girl and replace it with damsel, supplant forbid and replace it with interdict and prohibit, supplant food and replace it with nutrition and victuals, supplant tree and replace it with arbour, supplant brain and replace it with cerebrum et cetera and you would attain one quite elaborate, almost enrapturing Romance language with a negligible Germanic debris, an exiguous Germanic residue, no more than in modern French. This would be an indubitably magnificent exploit.

Why should we do such strange things? Time, when English extensively borrowed from other languages is far away. On the other side, England was ruled by french nobility the bigger part of its history. Without that what kind of language the modern English would be, who knows?
8-й Девственник Лингвофорума

If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is: infinite. (W. Blake)
Какая потребителю разница, какой продукт лучше не работает?.. (Awwal12)

Alexandra A

Цитата: Ellidi от июля  4, 2012, 20:35
But would it be enrapturing, captivating, pleasing to you? Would you, perpetually critical of the Germanic world, repugning its influence, be inclined to desist from any Germanic vocabulary whatsoever while composing English texts, to incise the ultimate connection with it?

No.

I want the English tongue to be as it is now.

P.S. But I want to see you try a "Romance" English!

Versteher

English will be Teutonic again.

I would rede Thee, Urlightely Ellidi, to heed to Anglo-Saxon: a tongue of rich and scill writs, and a very fine tongue building.
ЛОЖИЛЪ, ЛОЖУ, БУДУ ЛОЖИТЬ!!!

Feruza

What is the main difference of Teutonic English and American English?

Sudarshana

Цитата: Feruza от июля  5, 2012, 19:35
What is the main difference of Teutonic English and American English?
the first one does not exist yet

Feruza

Sudarshana

Versteher

Alexandra A

Once I tried to learn Old English (Anglo-Saxon).

But I understood - it's beyond my might... (I can't)

Versteher

Alexandra A

RockyRaccoon

Цитата: Alexandra A от июля  5, 2012, 20:13
Once I tried to learn Old English (Anglo-Saxon
Now try to learn Old French (Anglo-Norman). I`m sure it`s within your might.

Alexandra A

Цитата: RockyRaccoon от июля  5, 2012, 21:51
Цитата: Alexandra A от июля  5, 2012, 20:13
Once I tried to learn Old English (Anglo-Saxon
Now try to learn Old French (Anglo-Norman). I`m sure it`s within your might.

It's not my *Zeit*.

I love *Altertum*.

Ellidi

Versteher

Since the times of scalds there is a word even in the nowaday crippl's tongue: yore.

Feruza

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр