Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Teutonic English

Автор Versteher, июля 1, 2012, 20:10

Versteher

English, a tongue of a hard wyrd, having litt on the harmful inflow of French words, has wholly lost its ysight.

So, I would have a try to set up again a tongue, free of that fearsome and ugly Roman inflow.

Learned Man Alexej Grinь hat done such a try, so I have no onspeak to be deem'd to be a pathbreaker here.

I would fain You ysell to me in this ethle straving. English will be Teutonic again.
So, if You wish to write here, be so god, to follow one easy mear: brake nothing Roman.
The best quell of setting this English again is well the fair and allmight German tongue.
ЛОЖИЛЪ, ЛОЖУ, БУДУ ЛОЖИТЬ!!!

Alexandra A

And what should I do if I can't find an English Germanic word?

Should I put a word from another Germanic tongue - German, Swedish?
taximagulus segouax caius iulius kent 25 august 55 before the common era
marcus tullius quintus tullius arpinum 6 may 51 before the common era

Versteher

You should then seek it out of the elder shifts of English writs.

Surely You may brake a Teutonic word from any other Teutonic tongue, but for sooth Swedish lack Teutonic words in an even worse und uglier way than English!

Alexandra A

No, i can't *darstellen* how the English tongue would look in such a *Fall*.

But *gewiss* I know that I, as well as many other *Leute*, do not know Old English at all...

Versteher

I can but easily and gladly bethink thereof how such a way of English would look like.

Shall we wend from our way to the fairness because some do not see that fairness? Surely we shall not.

Alone Coder

Versteher

a straving to make English a ren tongue again is surely a wirodly ethle straving.

-Dreamer-

I'd also like to see more Germanic words in the English tongue, but I'm afraid too many native roots have been lost throughout the history. So a lot of good words was just replaced by Latin or French ones. It's really sad, at least for me, because now most Germanic languages are being ousted by English. Die englische Krankheit verbreitet sich immer weiter und wird immer stärker! :o

-Dreamer-

Es tut mir leid... Ich hab nur jetzt verstanden, dass ich die wichtigste Regel gebrochen habe... Aber ich kann doch nicht sprechen, ohne ein lateinisches Wort zu gebrauchen. Ich meine Englisch.

Alexandra A

The Latin (Roman) tongue was spoken in Britain. First, in the 1st *Jahrhundert* BC, when Caesar and his legions landed in Kent and *blieben* there for some *Zeit* fighting with some British *Staemme* north of the Thames.

Britain was a *Teil* of the Roman *Reich* for 350 years after Claudius. Latin was the only written tongue in Britain during the Roman *Zeit*. All *Inschriften* found in Britain are in Latin - whatever tongue was spoken by the *Urstammbevoelkerung* of Britain in the Iron *Zeit*.

They spoke perhaps a tongue *Vorfahr* of today's Welsh - but in Welsh there are many words of Latin *Ursprung*. Words that entered the tongue from day-to-day Latin speech of Roman legionaries. If Welsh - one of the tongues of England - is full of words of Latin *Ursprung*... Why English cannot *benutzen* Latin words? A former Roman *Land* > a tongue with Latin *Einfluss*!

RockyRaccoon

Versteher

Each tongue should brake [uti, [ge]brauchen] its words for to set forth strange begripes; as one should have his own head to think to someone's else.   

Alexandra A

Цитата: Versteher от июля  4, 2012, 10:13
Each tongue should brake [uti, [ge]brauchen] its words for to set forth strange

Eng. strange < Fr. estrange < Lat. extrâneus, a, um

Yeah...

If you don't understand any Romance tongue > your *Woerterbuch* of Latin-Romance words is not so big > you don't *erkennt* many words of Latin and Romance *Ursprung*.

Versteher

RockyRaccoon

Цитата: Versteher от июля  4, 2012, 17:30
and irr much
Are you sure about a Teutonic origin of "irr"? I am not. (Sorry for my quite non-Teutonic English. The fact is that I even like "ugly Roman inflow").

Alexandra A

Цитата: Versteher от июля  4, 2012, 17:30
I am a man, and irr much. But English will be Teutonic again

If you want to make English a *rein* Teutonic tongue...

Well, you should send it back to the land of Denmark, where this tongue sprung from. *Denn* you know very well that English was born not in Britain. And that before the English tongue came to this land... The Britons, and then the Romano-Britons - they spoke tongues very *unterschiedlich* from Germanic tongues.

Lodur

I'm extremely happy with modern English. :yes: I don't think it needs any sort of purification at all. :no:
8-й Девственник Лингвофорума

If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is: infinite. (W. Blake)
Какая потребителю разница, какой продукт лучше не работает?.. (Awwal12)

Ellidi

Worthful Versteher,
wherefore are you eager to rinse the English tongue from Latin words which blent with its Germanic counterparts? I am delighted by the plethoric (a nice adjective derived from Greek) thrust wherewith they endowed their host. This is no doubt to be deemed an æþel (G. edel, noble) link with the mighty Roman empire which turned to be of avail to the host. Right now it is so painful for me to utter my thoughts having to forbear the enthralling (in the methaphorical sense) Latin-French word hoard.
Suum quoque castitas mentis dispendium patitur, quia nonnunquam mens concupiscentiae telo configitur per carnis speciem, quam exterius contemplatur. («A. de C. S.», c. XI)

Ellidi

Цитата: Alexandra A от июля  1, 2012, 20:28
But *gewiss* I know that I
no doubt, doubtless (is also used as an advern)

Цитата: Alexandra A от июля  1, 2012, 20:28
many other *Leute*
I would write youths. As a matter of fact, the youths here outnumber the lasses. Or you can write: youths and lasses
Suum quoque castitas mentis dispendium patitur, quia nonnunquam mens concupiscentiae telo configitur per carnis speciem, quam exterius contemplatur. («A. de C. S.», c. XI)

Alexandra A

Цитата: Ellidi от июля  4, 2012, 18:53
Worthful Versteher,
wherefore are you eager to rinse the English tongue from Latin words which blent with its Germanic couterparts? I am delighted by the plethoric (a nice adjective derived from Greek) thrust wherewith they endowed their host. This is no doubt to be deemed an æþel (G. edel, noble) link with the mighty Roman empire which turned to be of avail to the host. Right now it is so painful for me to utter my thoughts having to forbear the enthralling (in the methaphorical sense) Latin-French word hoard.

!!!

(It is for your *Weise* of writing.)

(And I *beistimme* with your *Meinung* too!)

Ellidi

Alexandra A

Цитата: Ellidi от июля  4, 2012, 19:01
I would write youths. As a matter of fact, the youths here outnumber the lasses. Or you can write: youths and lasses

Leute = people.

Sudarshana

Alexandra A

Цитата: Ellidi от июля  4, 2012, 18:53
This is no doubt to be deemed an æþel (G. edel, noble) link with the mighty Roman empire which turned to be of avail to the host.

The Welsh tongue is a true link of Britain to the Roman *Reich*.

As a tongue which *annahm* Latin spoken words from the Roman Legionaries.

In the time of the Roman *Reich* English was spoken only in Denmark, not in Roman Britain.

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр