Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

The Category of Aspect in the System of Verbs in Old English.

Автор Rezia, января 30, 2006, 12:22

Rezia

The question is about this category of aspect. Was it present in the language or not? What was the function of the prefix ge-?
"Сон налягає. Кладе м'якеньку лапу на очі і на лице і шепче до вуха: спи..." (Коцюбинський)
"Ахаль çеç-им шурă юрĕ çав каç ÿкрĕ çĕр çине?" (чăваш юрри)
"Гэта не без гэтага" (з аднаго беларускага рамана)
"ნახევარი პური, ნახევარი ხარჩო"
"If you want to win the fight, say "I believe!" " (Eric)

RawonaM

Цитата: "Rezia" от
What was the function of the prefix ge-?
ge+stem+d formed the past participle of the weak verbs, just as in German until the present.

Rezia

So this element ge-, should it be considered the instrument to denote the meaning of the aspect or it had other functions besides?
"Сон налягає. Кладе м'якеньку лапу на очі і на лице і шепче до вуха: спи..." (Коцюбинський)
"Ахаль çеç-им шурă юрĕ çав каç ÿкрĕ çĕр çине?" (чăваш юрри)
"Гэта не без гэтага" (з аднаго беларускага рамана)
"ნახევარი პური, ნახევარი ხარჩო"
"If you want to win the fight, say "I believe!" " (Eric)

RawonaM

Цитата: "Rezia" от
So this element ge-, should it be considered the instrument to denote the meaning of the aspect or it had other functions besides?
Why aspect? Past participle is more like an adjective.

GayleSaver

Цитата: Rezia от января 30, 2006, 13:20
Old English had no verbal aspects.  What's even stranger, Old English (at least as it's attested) had no aspectual constructions in consistent use (I saw vs. I was seeing; I will see vs I will be seeing,, etc.)  So context was the primary carrier of aspect.

The prefix ge- was added to infinitives.  According to my textbook, ge did not carry any real meaning, unlike, for example. be- or fore-.

Peamur

É Contacht!
atpa peka kejklonaaannemanta apuka ne apo peka
зю зю зю .. зю ... зю . зю зю .. зю ... зю зю зю .. зю

GayleSaver

po- is frequentative.  ge- was facultative.  I think it's a leftover from one of the antecedent languages...West Germanic, for instance.

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр