Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Comparison of listening and speaking in English

Автор Bercutt, ноября 10, 2011, 16:59

Bercutt

Let me express my thoughts on the issue of listening comprehension and speaking in English. Maybe you can further develop them.
Foreign learners of English living and learning English in non-English speaking countries have limited opportunities for regular long-term talking in English to native speakers of English (oral communication with native speakers of English) on a variety of topics using comprehensive content and extensive vocabulary.
Speaking in English requires from a learner to combine his or her pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary knowledge, thinking over word and phrase choices (and good listening comprehension skills when conversing) to say good sentences as to their content.
Even native speakers of English may experience some difficulty to express their thoughts accurately, precisely and most appropriately in particular contexts.
Skillful impressive speaking using the most appropriate vocabulary is an art that many people (including native speakers) lack.
Therefore speaking in English is quite challenging and more difficult for foreign learners than practising listening comprehension in English.
Foreign learners of English generally have more opportunities for practising listening comprehension in English than speaking in English.
When a learner listens to English, he or she does not have to create (to construct) in mind and to say own sentences in English like in speaking, but has to understand the content of sentences said by English speakers. All those points mentioned above may explain why for certain learners it is easier to practise and to better develop skills in listening comprehension than in speaking English.
Regular long-term listening to various authentic English audio and video materials helps a learner produce his or her own sentences more quickly and with better wording when speaking than without adequate practice in listening comprehension in English.

Маркоман

Раб Кремляди и Первого канала

Квас

No doubt listening is helpful, and so are other activities, such as reading or written communication on internet forums and chats. The more you exercise a language, the better you master it — it's obvious.
Пишите письма! :)

Квас

I don't have to speak English either.:yes: Yet I regret that I don't understand it by ear very well. Anyway, if I ever start watching documentaries, I hope I'll develop this skill.

Квас

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр