Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Exchange of information

Автор Bercutt, июня 27, 2011, 20:13

Bercutt

I've gathered a lot of valuable practical material on the issues of mastering English from various authoritative sources, some of which may interest you. Let me know your issues of interest regarding various aspects of English (pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, listening comprehension, speaking, reading and writing). Issues of practising English on one's own with ready-made materials through self-check ought to be of special interest for many learners to accelerate success in mastering English.
I do not send junk mail to people. I do not promote or advertise anything. My informative project is intended solely as exchange of information for the purposes of knowledge improvement and idea production for learners and even teachers of English which can help them in their English language activities.
I also believe there is a way for enjoyable learning of English through listening to cheerful songs in English in addition to other learning activities.
I know of many songs of this kind in English to enliven learning English. I could send you a list of the names of such songs on //youtube.com.
Please listen on //youtube.com to this song with a wonderful music: LET'S HAVE A PARTY POLKA - Fred Ziwich . It is my favourite song in English.

Bercutt

It would be nice to share information on the most soul-inspiring pleasant songs in English that positively influence one's spirit and mood. Maybe users of this forum would like to express their opinion about the importance of music and songs in human life. I have a list of pleasant songs in English that make learning English more enjoyable and interesting.   

Sirko

Цитата: Bercutt от октября 14, 2011, 21:51
It would be nice to share information on the most soul-inspiring pleasant songs in English that positively influence one's spirit and mood. Maybe users of this forum would like to express their opinion about the importance of music and songs in human life. I have a list of pleasant songs in English that make learning English more enjoyable and interesting.   
So y don't u share yr song list here?

Bercutt

I especially like songs and music that can be heard on happy occasions (at events like music and song festivals, dancing parties, weddings and at public entertainment events).
Below is the list of my favourite songs in English with pleasant music on //youtube.com:

Ted Zalac Orchestra
Ted Zalac Let's have a party
Brian Papesh Orchestra
Johnny Vadnal Orchestra
Klancnik & Friends - Kiss Me Darling
Klancnik & Friends - You're My Something Polka
Lil Wally - I Dream Of Irene (original vinyl 1951)
Long Live Our Brothers, Long Live Our Sisters
Jeff Winard - Night In May
Don Wojtila Band - Dreamer Polka
Don Wojtila Band - Marry Me Polka
Don Wojtila Band - Kiss Me Darling
David Austin - Kiss Me Darling Polka - Roger Bright Polkafest 2010
David Austin - Why Not Polka - Roger Bright Polka Fest 2010
Roger Bright - In The Mountain
Frank Yankovic, I've Got A Wife At Home Polka"
Jeff Pecon Orchestra "The Girl I Left Behind"
Smile Sweetheart Smile Waltz - Rod Cerar
I Wanna Call You Sweetheart - Rod Cerar
Yes, it is Polka Time - Rod Cerar
Jeff Pecon - Mary Lou Polka & Perme's Polka
Jack Tady & JTB - I Wanna Call You Sweetheart Polka
Frankie Yankovic - I'm Dreaming
Frankie Yankovic - What Christmas Means To Me
FRANK YANKOVIC & MARV HERZOG POLKA BAND "LETS HAVE A PARTY"
FRANK YANKOVIC + POLKA BANDS AT FRANKENMUTH"BUTTON BOX PLUS"
Walter Ostanek And His Band - Julie's Polka
The Zolka Brothers Orchestra with Walter Ostanek
LET'S HAVE A PARTY POLKA - Fred Ziwich
MY MARY POLKA, MARYSKA MOJA POLKA by Fred Ziwich
BLUE SKIRT WALTZ by Fred Ziwich
Steve Meisner "Songs Of Love"
Steve Meisner Orchestra
Milan Racanovic Orch.
TED ZALAC POLKA BAND AT YUKON "SAY THANK YOU MEDLEY"
Joe Fedorchak Orchestra
Del Sinchak Orchestra
JOE FEDORCHAK ORCHESTRA AT ORLANDO "HAVING A GOOD TIME"
JOE FEDORCHAK ORCHESTRA AT EVANSTOWN "BUTTON BOX" MEDLEY
JOE FEDORCHAK ON BUTTON BOX WITH FRED ZIWICH "LETS HAVE A PARTY"
Joe Fedorchak (Button Box) Does It Ever End?
JOE FEDORCHAK AT FRANKENMUTH "ROSES OF RIO MEDLEY"
Del Sinchak Orchestra
Andy Williams - It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You - Jim Reeves
JIM REEVES - the merry christmas polka
Roger Bright - Yodeling Trough Life
Walter Ostanek - Let's Have a Party

Sirko

Квас

None of what I usually listen to. ;D

Music should not be overused. As for myself, I think I could bear only a modest quantity of it. Music is a matter of personal taste. English music was a great cultural phenomenon of the 20th century, so one should ostentatiously use it as an auxiliary tool.

By the way, I hardly ever understand what Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull u. a. sing. Perhaps one needs a solid philological background so as to make out what the lyrics mean. On the other hand, often I don't understand Russian lyrics either. :donno:
Пишите письма! :)

BFRZ

Цитата: Квас от октября 14, 2011, 23:17
often I don't understand Russian lyrics either. :donno:
Once I helped my friend to translate Russian lyrics into English and had some difficulties in understanding one phrase. I asked the author what did he mean by it. He said "I've not the slightest idea."  :green:  He's a Russian philologist, BTW.

Karakurt

Квас

Karakurt

BFRZ

ЦитироватьBut for the most part, "I've not" as in "I've not the time to help him out" has been supplanted by "I don't have the time to help him out"
So it's possible, just sounds a bit out-of-date and British.

Квас

Again it can be googled. Google gives more than a million results for 'I've not the slightest'.

Квас

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр