Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Prosaic English

Автор Versteher, марта 23, 2011, 10:05

Ellidi

Цитата: Versteher от августа  4, 2011, 11:17
Fair Ellidi, might I learn, whereupon Your sympathy to the Ancient Regime in France is bas'd?
Upon the authors whose works I have perused. My inchoate attitude was influenced by Friedrich Nietzsche's praising the apex and brilliance of the French Ancien Régime as opposed to the revolutionary ressentiment (resentment). And then there are of course Spengler, comte Joseph de Maistre, the newly discovered by me Georges Bernanos (wiki/de) Georges_Bernanos and some others. There is virtually no grand esprit (great mind) revered by me who deigned to acclaim that sombre event. I am not sure though what Unamuno y Jugo's attitude to it was, as I do not remember having encountered his stance in the works I am familiar with. The only aspect which vexes me is the foreign policy, their inactivity in fending off the Turkish invasion of Europe in 1683 when half of Europe (the Holy Roman Empire, the Papal state, Poland) rallied its forces in order to survive.
Suum quoque castitas mentis dispendium patitur, quia nonnunquam mens concupiscentiae telo configitur per carnis speciem, quam exterius contemplatur. («A. de C. S.», c. XI)

Versteher

But, Fair Ellidi, wherefore did it come to its so pityful end, what do You trow?
ЛОЖИЛЪ, ЛОЖУ, БУДУ ЛОЖИТЬ!!!

Versteher

and a question to my deoraste dryhten:

there is, I trow, Thou wot, a fine Anglo-Saxon time word:

forthmintan - which seems to be translated as: dignify..

But kenst Thou, min deoraste dryhten, its origin, the very root whereto it stameth, I would Thee tell me?

autolyk

Цитата: Versteher от августа  5, 2011, 19:11
there is, I trow, Thou wot, a fine Anglo-Saxon time word:
forthmintan - which seems to be translated as: dignify..
I have never seen such a word, the only akin one that I have is (ȝe-)medemian: to respect, to honour. Would you like to show me the quotation?   

Атэц Әүүәл not welcome in this topic

Versteher

..cweð þa þe he wolde hit forðmintan i arwurðen be his broðre raeð..

autolyk

Цитата: Versteher от августа  8, 2011, 09:51
..cweð þa þe he wolde hit forðmintan i arwurðen be his broðre raeð..
It is getting more understandable but the last question should be: are you sure that 'i' is a correct spelling?

Versteher

Surely, min dryhten, there stands just a mere sign for the: and, which resembles the: I. Merely this, and nothing more

autolyk

In such a case this verb seems to mean sort of "to resolve" or "to determine" (cf. myntan).

Versteher

I am much beholden to Thee, min dryhten..

what didst not Thou understand in my question about Finnish?

autolyk

Versteher

autolyk

OK, the whole quotation:
Цитата: Versteher от августа  9, 2011, 10:19
зачѣмъ тамъ родительный падежъ множ.числа?
What did you mean?

Versteher

I didn't not understand, which thought might lead to the using of the genitive in the sentence.

autolyk

The genitive case is used to point an agent of action. Cf. vieraiden saavuttua me istuuduimme pöydän ääreen - After guests had arrived, we sat down to table.

Versteher

all the guests' having arriv'd = omnium hospium advenisse, min dryhten?

autolyk

Оf course, the partitive case would have concerned to us not to guests.

Квас

Цитата: Versteher от августа 13, 2011, 20:30
omnium hostum advenisse

By the Way, hoſtis, gen. pl. hoſtium means 'Enemy'. A Gueſt is 'hoſpes'.

(It ſeems to me that ſome Archaiſm will do in  a Thread of Versteher's. ;D)
Пишите письма! :)

Versteher

Versteher

Fair Sirs!

A tiding of uttermost importance V. is having for You.

Yesterday was the bierthday of Sir Walter Scott.

Shall we lift a glass of fine Scotch whiskey:

for Sir; for Walter and for Scott!

Versteher

aa, Fair Ellidi, I'm gradually getting to see what the illustrous Scotsch Writer Carlyle meant..

As a sly Scotsch Lord, he follow'd a quaint logic of first explaiming aught several scores of times, and only then to explain his approach to it.. His using of word: Parlament - instead of a swear word - about the point of 2/3 of his books he hath deign'd to explain. I hope he shall do the same with his saying the principle cherish'd by his famous compatriot Adam Smith "lasse frey" [or how is it spell'd in the corrupted dialect of Frog-eaters?]..

A fine book hath Mister Carlyle wrought, I dare say, Fair Ellidi..

Ellidi

Цитата: Versteher от августа 20, 2011, 20:24
by his famous compatriot Adam Smith
A. S. is a rather infamous and vile creature. A nefarious and merciless ideology has emerged from his writings.
"lasse frey" [or how is it spell'd in the corrupted dialect of Frog-eaters?
May I ask, fair Versteher, why you are so disdainful of the French language? Is this due to the heinous events of 1789 which you belike denounce as vehemently as I do?
A fine book hath Mister Carlyle wrought, I dare say, Fair Ellidi..
Verily, I cannot but concur with you.
Suum quoque castitas mentis dispendium patitur, quia nonnunquam mens concupiscentiae telo configitur per carnis speciem, quam exterius contemplatur. («A. de C. S.», c. XI)

Versteher

As I try finding some fair penpals to practise my languages, I get sometimes irritated at the languages which are often chosen by others, which I don't - like French, Japanian, Spanish, Chinese and others...
Surely, Culture is not the sole reason for choosing a language, and it might happen that V. would have a language of a nation that he dothn't admire at; but it should be assum'd as ere an exception, and that the approach of French people doth not really find its approval by V..

Do You, Fair Ellidi, like the Destroyers of Pockets and Hearths? 

Versteher

Ellidi

Цитата: Versteher от августа 24, 2011, 12:25
but it should be assum'd as ere an exception, and that the approach of French people doth not really find its approval by V..

Do You, Fair Ellidi, like the Destroyers of Pockets and Hearths?
This is the approach of a couple of blinded admirers of foreign powers - La Fayette, one of the perpetrators of that ominous revolution has fought on the side of overseas insurgents for their ill-boding cause. Mirabeau was part of a certain subversive clandestine society, which sought to plunge the continental European powers into a carnage. Even though there was a bunch of rabid proponents of materialism in France, I struggle not to bother myself with them but præfer to hold in high regard venerable and pious people like Malebranche, Pascal and de Maistre. It is because of those and other similar personalities that I esteem the French culture.

Versteher

I too, Fair Ellidi, having read the Past and Present, let commense reading: Latter Day Pampflets.. Having reach'd its third part, I avow my having gotten rather iritayed with Misters Carlyle's repeating the very same imperfections of the society, never suggesting a wherewithal to redress them. As a Swen Elias Tegner said: jag mißtänker alltid den, som börjar förbättra med att förbittra... I trow, You shall follow my crumm Swedish... Fair Ellidi, will it yet suffice to point at a sin not having propos'd a cure against it?
is it further possible to cure a society, so wont to be ill as ours, Fair Ellidi? when the Fiends of Humans have succeded in making the Aristocracy forget its predestination and think more on idle luxury; when the Fiends of Humans have succeded in making usual people forget noble work, letting them only to work only for money, as  whores? what can re-built this edifice of human society, being so long destroy'd by the Fiends, and by them so utterly liengly claim'd to be destroy'd naturally - by no one's force? if most of people are brought-up by parents who are already believ'd that edifice never been their home?
what is a cure, which I cannot find in this book, Fair Ellidi?

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр