Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Prosaic English

Автор Versteher, марта 23, 2011, 10:05

Versteher

ЛОЖИЛЪ, ЛОЖУ, БУДУ ЛОЖИТЬ!!!

Ник100

Versteher

Ник100

autolyk

Атэц Әүүәл not welcome in this topic

Ник100

And exсuse me that I write the word you not with capital letter. My opinion is that He(You, His) we can write when we speak about God only/

autolyk

Ник100

autolyk

Versteher

it is manner of emulating of better languages, like German, where one writeth having no doubt a : Ihr..

Versteher

Ник100

Hmmmm so it's your opinion-to be not right. Ok. But every Englishman can tell you that I'm right/

Ellidi

Цитата: Ник100 от октября  7, 2011, 15:41
;D And what?  I study English for 6 years already. IT'S A RULE >(
How about: I have been studying English for 6 years?
Suum quoque castitas mentis dispendium patitur, quia nonnunquam mens concupiscentiae telo configitur per carnis speciem, quam exterius contemplatur. («A. de C. S.», c. XI)

taqseem

autolyk

Цитата: Ellidi от октября  7, 2011, 16:15
Цитата: Ник100 от октября  7, 2011, 15:41;D And what?  I study English for 6 years already. IT'S A RULE >(
How about: I have been studying English for 6 years?
How much longer do you think it will be being studied?

Уттыԓьын

Цитата: Versteher от сентября 28, 2011, 12:28I too, Fair Ellidi, having read the Past and Present, let commense reading: Latter Day Pampflets..
Цитата: Ник100 от октября  6, 2011, 16:17Me too,
If only it were so straightforward. It's unclear to me what V. is saying here. Is the main verb 'read', 'let', or neither? If the former, it's possibly meant to read 'I too have read the Past and Present (whatever that might mean), so let us (?) commence reading'. Or, possibly, 'Me too (i.e. I too esteem the French culture), having read (= since I have read) the Past and Present, so let us (?) commence reading'. It's also possible he means something else entirely. In any event, the disjunctive pronoun ('me') is only used in cases of elision of the verb; otherwise it's 'I'.

And presumably 'iritayed' is supposed to be 'irritated'.
«Ӣяму́н маю̄лътуң, нага́лъютки́ иля́галӷӣт.»

Versteher

whilst I found it possible to read, and enpower'd myself to commense the raeding - therein ensued the process of letting my reading..

One may even found several other missprints I have done - like that with: iriatated - finding how near they are at the keyboard one may easily understand that it was a mere missprint.. Though one may reproach me with it, one may not persist in it much longer. 

Уттыԓьын

Цитата: Versteher от октября  7, 2011, 16:55
whilst I found it possible to read, and enpower'd myself to commense the raeding - therein ensued the process of letting my reading..
So, something like, 'I too, having read the Past and Present, let myself commence reading: ...'?

Цитата: Versteher от октября  7, 2011, 16:55One may even found several other missprints I have done - like that with: iriatated - finding how near they are at the keyboard one may easily understand that it was a mere missprint.. Though one may reproach me with it, one may not persist in it much longer.
No reproach.

Versteher

What for, my Lord, let myself... I deem, it skills not, whether to write this pronoun or not - the sense won't be damag'd.

Уттыԓьын

Цитата: Versteher от октября  7, 2011, 17:02the sense won't be damag'd.
Evidently it was though, since 'let' with 'to' + infinitive (as object) means 'to omit or forbear to do something', contrary to your meaning.

Versteher

since when "let to" means "to forbear"; who hath allow'd it, what Mayakovskij?

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр