Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Question to English-speakers

Автор Nixer, ноября 17, 2010, 13:20

Yitzik

Цитата: Квас от декабря  1, 2010, 22:06
If it was meant that only Germanic words should be used
Yep.

Цитата: Квас от декабря  1, 2010, 22:06
here are more fails: power, because, fuel.
Mea culpa. I was not attentive enough. The topic of "Edhelenglisc" is intriguing me, but the product we see in the start message of the thread, is badly constructed, IMVHO.
Paran Quenya ar quetin Esperanto!

Квас

(English board is such a perfect place for English flood. Sigh.)

Цитата: Aleksey от декабря  2, 2010, 09:42
А что же ещё? Русский вариант английского?

It doesn't match any standards of Runglish. Do you think that any Runglish speaker would ever say 'warmature' instead of 'temperature'? Runglish sticks to international vocabulary.
Пишите письма! :)

MarkIrkutsk

I'm a native English speaker, and the text looks unnatural to me.  It's as if someone decided that "thermodynamics" sounded too Greek and wanted to replace the word with something more English-sounding.  I sensed that the words "thermodynamics" and "temperature" were needed at some points in this passage.

Ellidi

Цитата: Квас от декабря  1, 2010, 21:52
Actually I'm not an English speaker, but in case you care for my opinion, the text looks ugly. The compounds of Saxon warm with Latin suffixes are especially clumsy.

It's just my aesthetic perception.
It is mine too.
Suum quoque castitas mentis dispendium patitur, quia nonnunquam mens concupiscentiae telo configitur per carnis speciem, quam exterius contemplatur. («A. de C. S.», c. XI)

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр