Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Parlez GLOBISH ?

Автор ArtAllm, мая 27, 2005, 12:51

ArtAllm

A very interesting attitude to the budding language of the ,,global village"

:D

------------  
http://www.jpn-globish.com/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=120

GLOBISH:

...Today, it is a subset of English, with a grammar that doesn't bust your chops, no trouble with accents, and a small set of useful words (1 500).

This language is different enough from stringent English, and more constrained to the point that it must given a different moniker - Globish. English is spoken in England, and Globish is spoken in the "global village", everywhere by everyone. They can be called Globiphones.

With it, the non Anglophones are way ahead of their English or American counterparts. Their command of Globish, spoken as well as written or heard, is much more on the mark. 95% of the time, native Anglophones speak English with loved ones and mates hence their ear is not used to all the strange verbal and auditory distortions when others are speaking English that they may find around the world.

Native English speakers can't quite hack it when they need to dumb down to the 1 500 key words. The language they have to speak or write is expected to be kosher, if not perfect.

As a simple globiphone, you are satisfied as soon as someone connects with you and digs what you're saying.

Globiphones are at least seven times more populous than Anglophones speakers . The proof is in the pudding that a new language has appeared.

Although Globish looks and sounds akin to English, there is the same difference as between wine and booze: a still extracts the latter from the former, and it is limited but much more potent.

--------------------------  

What do you think about Globish? Does it have a chance?

Jumis

i'd say i understand Globish much better and i see no paralogism in it :)
Ужасный чудными делами
Дзержинец мира искони
Он нашими решил судьбами
Себя прославить в эти дни

Tony

Being diplomatic, then Globish is like Orwell's Newspeak. In fact, it's a wannabe conlang with no use since no native will learn such a downgraded version of their own.

Jumis

Being honest, I'd claim about 90% speakers do speak sorta Globish. Me too, as you see :)

Pardon, I see no huge difference between regular and broken to downgrade the first one so much...   :UU:
Ужасный чудными делами
Дзержинец мира искони
Он нашими решил судьбами

Tony

I dislike its advertising as if it was something exceptional new. ::)

And as you have just pointed out, many people speak something like that, if they are not yet advanced enough or don't bother to advance.

Jumis

Цитата: "Tony" от
And as you have just pointed out, many people speak something like that, if they are not yet advanced enough or don't bother to advance.

OK: I work a lot with some companies in China, Italy, Greece, Lithuania etc. Do they need anything to advance for being understood? I also worked with some dudes from South Africa (very traditional version of English) and from the United States (which is rather "Deutschlish" for me).
Ужасный чудными делами
Дзержинец мира искони
Он нашими решил судьбами

Tony

Do you know Ogden's Basic English? It's more or less the same but Globish pretends to be something exceptionally new, and the way it is advertised looks dubious. That's the main problem I have with it.

Jumis

For me, it's a li'l bit funny to make easier smth. that is already primitive. Unfortunately, this is the fate for English in the 21st century.

You can take either Finnish or Lithuanian - once it becomes international it turns into the Basic. As per English, it became simplicized a lot of centuries ago. And it looks like the process ain't over!

;)
Ужасный чудными делами
Дзержинец мира искони
Он нашими решил судьбами

Tony

Well, English makes use of lots of idioms which aren't that easy to learn but its grammar has indeed become quite simple in contrast to most other Indoeuropean languages. Looking at Old English, I can see many, many similarities with nowdays German.

A big problem English will face is that already around 2050 its native speakers will be highly outnumbered by non-natives which could be compared with Latin at the time the Roman Empire had expanded its influence over many territories. Even now there have spawned quite a few variants of English which are hardly comprehensible for natives; e. g. in South Asia.

Let's see what happens in future. ;-)

Amateur

Цитата: Jumis от августа 11, 2006, 11:26
once it becomes international it turns into the Basic.
So, speak Esperanto and don't damage respectable languages!  :eat:

Tony

Jumis

Looking at Old English, I can see many, many similarities with nowdays German.

Together with Dutch, for centuries they drifted away from German. Looking at the O.E. you can see definitely another language. The modern one I'd call a mixture and not "a German with a hard Roman influence".

A big problem English will face is that already around 2050 its native speakers will be highly outnumbered by non-natives which could be compared with Latin at the time the Roman Empire had expanded its influence over many territories.

The Empire was cracked as soon as the Roman languages "divorced" quite enough :) A measure of communications for "now" has nothing to do with "that epoch". So it's hardly possible to imagine any significant divergence. The yankees will never go home, you betcha! I'd push my son to learn some Chinese, though :)

Even now there have spawned quite a few variants of English which are hardly comprehensible for natives; e. g. in South Asia.

For 10 minutes in the very beginning. When I came to Guangzhou at the first time I faced some real troubles. But I got used in a hour!

Цитата: "Amateur" от
So, speak Esperanto and don't damage respectable languages!  

To hell with it. I'd better spoil l'Italiano itself.
Ужасный чудными делами
Дзержинец мира искони
Он нашими решил судьбами

Jumis

Why do you think Esperanto is not respectable?

Just because it's "a wannabe conlang with no use..."
Ужасный чудными делами
Дзержинец мира искони
Он нашими решил судьбами

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр