Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

Tabloid newspapers are not as serious as quality newspapers

Автор Good girl, ноября 9, 2004, 21:20

RawonaM

Цитата: Good girlTabloid newspapers are not as serious as quality newspapers
Is it not what the word "tabloid" means: a less serious and low-quality newspaper of a small size? So what can we, then, discuss? :_1_12

Good girl

Some people hate the tabloid papers (the small ones like The Sun and The Mirror) because they think that these papers encourage our lowest instincts: greed, hate, spite and so on. Every so often the tabloids are accused of having no morals at all, and being too willing to destroy celebrities' lives by publishing scandalous things about them. Certainly the tabloids seem to be obsessed with sex.

But the question whether they are still SERIOUS! Do these newspapers still give to the readers a quality news?

Rezia

Цитата: Good girlSome people hate the tabloid papers (the small ones like The Sun and The Mirror) because they think that these papers encourage our lowest instincts: greed, hate, spite and so on. Every so often the tabloids are accused of having no morals at all, and being too willing to destroy celebrities' lives by publishing scandalous things about them. Certainly the tabloids seem to be obsessed with sex.

But the question whether they are still SERIOUS! Do these newspapers still give to the readers a quality news?

Let me correct you a bit :)
"But the question IS whether they are still SERIOUS! Do these newspapers still give _ the readers _ quality news?"

You know, dear friend, sometimes I wish I had a surname like Rockefeller or Trump :roll:
And I would stand being photographed for these notorious tabloids with some kind of pleasure :lol:
"Сон налягає. Кладе м'якеньку лапу на очі і на лице і шепче до вуха: спи..." (Коцюбинський)
"Ахаль çеç-им шурă юрĕ çав каç ÿкрĕ çĕр çине?" (чăваш юрри)
"Гэта не без гэтага" (з аднаго беларускага рамана)
"ნახევარი პური, ნახევარი ხარჩო"
"If you want to win the fight, say "I believe!" " (Eric)

Good girl

thanx for improving my skills :yes: :oops:
So you`re reading tabloids if you`d like to be involved into those games ;--)

Rezia

To tell you the truth, well, sometimes :yes: Actually I don't read, I stare at photos. They are usually huge there. And I adore enormous colorful things :) Tabloids are not for reading. And I wouldn't like to be involved in those games with yellow press, the thing I'd like to be involved in... is possessing money, and a lot :roll:
"Сон налягає. Кладе м'якеньку лапу на очі і на лице і шепче до вуха: спи..." (Коцюбинський)

Peamur

ЦитироватьI wouldn't like to be involved in those games with yellow press

You can distribute these tabloids to get some money, don't you?
É Contacht!
atpa peka kejklonaaannemanta apuka ne apo peka
зю зю зю .. зю ... зю . зю зю .. зю ... зю зю зю .. зю

Rezia

Peamur

É Contacht!

Rezia

Peamur

nope, but in summer it can be very profitable. you can save some money you'll get for the transporting of the tabloids. If you're fit enough and you're able to exist in many places at one time - the profit will increase - so, some my friends could buy new laptops on these money.
É Contacht!

Rezia

So how much did that "opium for people" cost? I mean each copy. And how much profit is it possible to get? Let's say if one sells 100 copies a day.

Tony

Цитата: Peamur от декабря 12, 2004, 22:47
you're loosin' such a great opportunity! :mrgreen:

"loose" means e. g. "рыхлый" and "to lose" e.g. "терять" or "проигрывать". :)

Many English natives seem to make the same mistake.

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр