Главное меню
Мы солидарны с Украиной. Узнайте здесь, как можно поддержать Украину.

slavic latters and pronounciations

Автор matko, октября 14, 2004, 21:10

matko

Just like that SRBIJA. There is no schwa!!!

Same thing with KRK (the biggest island in Croatia), or KRV(blood), VRT (garden), VRĆ (cop) etc......

Try not to "pronounce" schwa

Can you please write in English here,  guys?? That's why i opened this subject in English because i cannot understand everything in Russian....

Požalujsta!

Oleksij

Ukrainian pronounciation is basically very similar to Belarusian, Russian and Polish. Ukrainian has a "dark" "L", which in written form is spelled like a "V". It turns dark at the end of a syllable, or before a consonant. The written equivalent of the letter "L" is not "dark". It's a bit softer. Ukrainian sound [y] is pronounced like in Polish, and not like in Russian. Also, [h] is pronounced like in Czech and Slovak, rather than like in Croatian/Serbian. The palatized [ś] and [ź] are pronounced like in Russian, and not like in Polish. All vowels in Ukrainian have the same length. Unlike in Polish and Belarusian, Ukrainian palatized consonants [Ď] and [Ť] do not change into [DŹ] and [Ć], respectively.

That seems to be it...
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

омич

Цитата: west expert от октября 22, 2004, 10:43
Well, I have almost forgotten...
In the position before "y" there is no softening.

Writing Y or I, it is by the etymological reasons (as it has remained in russian),
there is no difference between pronouncion of them (I hope).
In south slavic languages it's easier (no ypsilon "y"), isn't it? :)

Y (ы) and I (и) are difference in russian pronounciation: e.g. [ikrA] and [ykrAn]. [Y] is more back vowel them  .

jpdfo1982

For Slovak, since I'm here in Slovakia and am studying the language:

Slovak has 9 vowels: a ä e i l o r u y. 8 of these can be long: á é í ĺ ó ŕ ú ý

Then there are the letters with mäkčen (caron): č ď ľ ň š ť ž. Ď and ť are soft d's and t's. Č, š and ž are ch, sh and zh respectively. Ľ and ň are the same as Spanish ll and ñ (or Portuguese lh and nh)

Ä is a special letter in Slavic languages, since it's sort of an umlaut, which is usually only found in Germanic languages. It's pronunced as a short e, like in 'bet'.

E, i and í but not é, y and ý cause softening. L and r can be syllabic and further more they can also be long: vŕba, hĺbka

i/y and í/ý are pronunced the same way.

Ehm, I think that's all. I'll post more, if I remember something.

Драгана

What do you say about l and v?we don't speak so in russian?And what do you mean when you say "dark"?like in the word "сказал"?

iopq

Poirot: Я, кстати, тоже не любитель выпить, хоть и русский.
jvarg: Профессионал? ;)

Драгана

Ah, light-мягкий /смягченный,dark-твердый,in this meaning?
Then why do they say that there are dark and light consonants in english? Yes,they are- but like allophons!

Драгана

And it's like the same for people! Somebody speaks "darker",somebody "lighter"- and even a person may once to say lighter,another time- darker!

Быстрый ответ

Обратите внимание: данное сообщение не будет отображаться, пока модератор не одобрит его.

Имейл:
Проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:
Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке
Прослушать / Запросить другое изображение

Наберите символы, которые изображены на картинке:

√36:
ALT+S — отправить
ALT+P — предварительный просмотр